Forums
Posted By: torryman black and white cat ran over in Marlowe road - 26th Apr 2012 4:25pm
Just had a lady knock on my door enquiring about a cat that had run out, under her car...the cat was taken to a local vet but was dead on arrival....so I'm sorry to report that somebody in the Marlowe road area has just lost their cat.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: black and white cat ran over in Marlowe road - 26th Apr 2012 4:29pm
At least the lady had the decency to stop and enquire. There are many that wouldn't have. Still a sad loss for Moggy's owners.
I hope they're not a member here and spot it here first...

That would be terrible.

My cat keeps going missing a black and white one but I'm in oxton

Very sad frown
Poor thing
Callous though it may be, Im sure its not a legal requirement to report or even stop if you run over a cat as they are classed as 'ferae naturae'.

Our cat got hit by a speeding van that didn't even slow down or brake, let alone stop. Its heartless to do it, but nothing really anyone can do if they dont.

Dogs on the other hand.....

Sad to hear any animal injured or killed though.
It's terrible

Should bloody stop! Evil
Posted By: j_demo Re: black and white cat ran over in Marlowe road - 26th Apr 2012 5:03pm
awww, just been down that area!

feel so sorry for the owner, i've had my cat 14 years and would be devastated if it died suddenly like that.
They aren't obliged to stop.

They are if it's a dog.

If a car causes an accident avoiding a car then they are deemed at fault.

Sadly these things happen.
Posted By: PLUSONE Re: black and white cat ran over in Marlowe road - 26th Apr 2012 5:40pm
Awww, i hope the moggie felt no pain. how very sad frown
aww i hope so too xx
© Wirral-Wikiwirral