Forums
Posted By: st__E Cat in need of a good home - 25th Mar 2012 7:40pm
Hi,

We took in a lost cat that we found to be pregnant. We searched for the owner but nobody claimed her. She has now had her kittens who have all gone to good homes. Unfortunately we are unable to keep her due to our 7 month old child starting to crawl and with only a back yard she does her business inside which is not ideal for our situation.

We would love if we could find somebody who would give her a loving home preferably with no dogs.
[Linked Image]

Post or PM me if anyone is interested, we are able to drop her off if need be. Thanks

edit: Our last resort will be the RSPCA which we would prefer didn't happen.
Posted By: Kieran1981 Re: Cat in need of a good home - 26th Mar 2012 12:45am
Before you give her away, please get her spayed, I am fed up of reading about abandoned animals and animal shelters euthanising so many of them because the amount of animals outstrip demand. Find a charity animal place who might do it cheap, or if you know someone who claims benefit, ask them to take the cat and get it done for a small fee.
Posted By: Lightning Re: Cat in need of a good home - 26th Mar 2012 8:33am
I totally agree with you Kieran !!!!
am sure some rescues or blue cross will help you get her done, even find her a foster home,
Posted By: st__E Re: Cat in need of a good home - 26th Mar 2012 10:11am
Yes I will look into this, not sure what the going rate is to get her spayed, ill make some phone calls, we don't let her out much, and when we do she stays fairly close, not the best place a for a cat round here, I don't want her getting pregnant again, will keep this updated.
Posted By: Kev222 Re: Cat in need of a good home - 27th Mar 2012 6:24pm
Hope you get her a home. I can't help as I have a dog.

Couldn't help but notice that the cat is in the sink though?? That point seems to have been skirted over!!
Posted By: st__E Re: Cat in need of a good home - 27th Mar 2012 6:58pm
Haha she is an oddball tease she seems to find the sink the comfiest place in the bathroom... each to there own and all ^^
Posted By: rocks Re: Cat in need of a good home - 27th Mar 2012 7:39pm
Originally Posted by st__E
Yes I will look into this, not sure what the going rate is to get her spayed, ill make some phone calls, we don't let her out much, and when we do she stays fairly close, not the best place a for a cat round here, I don't want her getting pregnant again, will keep this updated.

with proof of benefits i think it about £20
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Cat in need of a good home - 27th Mar 2012 7:59pm
Haha she is an oddball tease she seems to find the sink the comfiest place in the bathroom... each to there own and all ^^
What is it about cats and water? grin
Yours in the sink, i saw another pic of a cat in the bath, on here. My cat loves the toilet flushing-she miaows outside the loo, if you don't let her in for the flush crazy lol
I always thought cats hated water!
Posted By: chris7777 Re: Cat in need of a good home - 27th Mar 2012 7:59pm
My cat is 11yrs old now and i had her spayed as a kitten, back then i think it was about £40-50, so god knows what it is now!!
hope she finds a good home tho, she looks lovely, how can people abanden them just because there pregnant? if they had any sense they would of had her spayed! really annoys me when people get these pets and just let them loose and not bother or care what happens to them, my cat never goes out of the garden, she strolls around the garden or lays in the sun,then comes back in! i'm glad she does that then i know she's safe.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Cat in need of a good home - 27th Mar 2012 9:19pm
A read a shocking fact on the RSPCA website:
Just one fertile female and one fertile male cats mating could potentially lead to 5000 kittens over a five year period.
We have 3, 3 week old kittys at the mo-we took 'Mummy' Moo in, as a stray and ended up with four!
I could deny 'responsibility' and say that she was already pregnant, when rescued....only a couple of weeks 'in it'...so, who knows....

My point is, is that all four Kittens will be spayed after weaning. We are fortunate that Moo only had 3 kittys and thus we were able to find homes, easily enough.
(YES! Homechecked smile )

Posted By: Lightning Re: Cat in need of a good home - 27th Mar 2012 9:24pm
I do like your way of thinking, not many would take time and do this.
i will enquire on the site am on and see if we can get her fostered and done xx.
she is a cutie as well, not camera shy for a cat, it took me a whole hour for me to take one of mine.as she would move everytime i clicked the camera
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Cat in need of a good home - 27th Mar 2012 9:42pm
St_E: If our Moo got pregnant upon coming here, then she too only ventured into the garden, for short periods of time.
It only takes two seconds in 'cat land' wink it seems that cats can't be arsed with dating/ foreplay.... frown

Posted By: Lightning Re: Cat in need of a good home - 27th Mar 2012 9:47pm
I fostered mine St-e so i didn t let mine out, more so to get you help asap xx
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Cat in need of a good home - 27th Mar 2012 10:04pm
Eh?
Posted By: Lightning Re: Cat in need of a good home - 27th Mar 2012 10:10pm
Pmd you St-e
Posted By: Nigel Re: Cat in need of a good home - 29th Mar 2012 12:12pm
Has she been re homed yet?
Posted By: st__E Re: Cat in need of a good home - 29th Mar 2012 6:20pm
Not yet Nigel, still searching.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral