Forums
Posted By: Tasha84 Home needed for a Westie - 13th Mar 2012 9:00pm
We have a 7 month old Westie. We have had him since he was 10 weeks old and has now become very aggressive with our daughter and has bitten her! Sometimes she cannot even walk past him without him growling at her. We are trying to find him a new home. He is up to date with his injections. Please get in touch anybody who may be interested. We are not wanting him to go to anybody with children.
Thanks
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Home needed for a Westie - 13th Mar 2012 9:16pm
Well done for your honesty Tash, good luck with the re-homing.X
Posted By: Tasha84 Re: Home needed for a Westie - 13th Mar 2012 9:21pm
Thank you.
He is a lovely loving dog, just seems to dislike children.
Posted By: Tilly Re: Home needed for a Westie - 13th Mar 2012 10:00pm
Originally Posted by Tasha84
We have a 7 month old Westie. We have had him since he was 10 weeks old and has now become very aggressive with our daughter and has bitten her! Sometimes she cannot even walk past him without him growling at her. We are trying to find him a new home. He is up to date with his injections. Please get in touch anybody who may be interested. We are not wanting him to go to anybody with children.
Thanks

Hi Tasha..I have added your post to Wirral Animals Needing Homes on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/370971742914201/#!/groups/234651879934902/
Posted By: workinclasshero Re: Home needed for a Westie - 13th Mar 2012 10:02pm
does he have any skin problems because the last one we had cost us a fortune and is he ok with other dogs because we have a lapa apsu
Posted By: BridgetMoans Re: Home needed for a Westie - 13th Mar 2012 10:10pm
Hi Tasha,

Can you bare with - we work alongside rescues and behaviourists and might be able to get him a space were someone will work with him, he is to young to just pass on as not liking children, someone can rehome and work with him - please just wait for me to respond, its in your dogs interests =)
Posted By: Tilly Re: Home needed for a Westie - 13th Mar 2012 10:27pm
Originally Posted by BridgetMoans
Hi Tasha,

Can you bare with - we work alongside rescues and behaviourists and might be able to get him a space were someone will work with him, he is to young to just pass on as not liking children, someone can rehome and work with him - please just wait for me to respond, its in your dogs interests =)

Bridget is right Tasha...she knows a lot of people that can help you and your puppy x
Posted By: BridgetMoans Re: Home needed for a Westie - 13th Mar 2012 10:27pm
Tasha - how old is your daughter? =D
Posted By: BridgetMoans Re: Home needed for a Westie - 13th Mar 2012 10:37pm
Ok Tasha I need to know 3 things, the age of the daughter he does not like, whether he is good with other dogs and whether he is good with cats xxx Please let me know asap =D
Posted By: BridgetMoans Re: Home needed for a Westie - 13th Mar 2012 10:55pm
Thanks

Tasha I have a lovely lady called Sue who can take your dog, she works with little dogs and fixes behaviours before finding them loving and vet checked homes, she also provides lifetime back up for the dog should anything go wrong - is this something you would be interested in, I can assure you 100% your dog will be a happier dog when he is assessed and trained with Sue =) She is a registered charity and I can provide you with proof of who she is. xxx
Posted By: Tasha84 Re: Home needed for a Westie - 14th Mar 2012 6:22am
Thanks everyone. Our daughter is 7! He doesn't dislike her all of the time, this is why we feel there is a trust issue. He also did go for my 5 yr old niece.
With other dogs he is very playful but again can show aggressive tendencies towards them.
Need to speak to my husband bridget and will get back to you. But do appreciate your help. Obviously we don't just want him to go just anywhere.
Posted By: BridgetMoans Re: Home needed for a Westie - 14th Mar 2012 10:25am
Thanks everyone. Our daughter is 7! He doesn't dislike her all of the time, this is why we feel there is a trust issue. He also did go for my 5 yr old niece.
With other dogs he is very playful but again can show aggressive tendencies towards them.
Need to speak to my husband bridget and will get back to you. But do appreciate your help. Obviously we don't just want him to go just anywhere.

Ok Tash, no worries, the lady concerned will contact you personally should you require her help and she will be able to prove the dog rescue she runs. And hopefully your little pupster can be worked with and rehomed with lifetime back up from Sue so he will always have somewhere to go should he need it. This lady adores her dogs and he would definately be in safe hands. I can't send you my number because as says you are full or something, so if you would like our help please inbox me your number and I will let you know how it all works smile
Posted By: danielle11 Re: Home needed for a Westie - 14th Mar 2012 11:34am
Hi i live alone and would love a westie . i am good with animals and he would have my full attention any pics? x
Posted By: Tasha84 Re: Home needed for a Westie - 14th Mar 2012 6:00pm
Hi, thanks for your interest. I will have a look later to see if i can upload a picture on here. If not do you have an email address i could forward to? As i said Lewis is a loving dog but has no patience with children, each day he is becoming increasingly more aggressive with our daughter, sometimes just for walking past. I understand this is something that im sure can be worked on but sadly our trust has been affected and therefore we are wanting to re home him. We would like him to go to a nice home and would love for the new owner to keep in touch with Lewis' progress and should there be any problems contact us and we will be happy to help.
If you are interested would you want to meet Lewis at the weekend?
Posted By: Tasha84 Re: Home needed for a Westie - 14th Mar 2012 6:02pm
Bridget, thank you, i will try to empty my inbox for you to send the number that would be very much appreciated.
Posted By: ukcable Re: Home needed for a Westie - 15th Mar 2012 1:49am
Just to throw my 2P's worth into the mix, trust issues between dogs and humans all come from somewhere. It may be as simple as your child trodding on the dog's paw etc which has caused the dog to become afraid of the child. (You have to look at things from a dog's perspective, even at 7 years old, a child is much larger than a westie and a child leaning forward over a dog to stroke it is quite intimidating.) Growling or snapping at the child is merely a way to ward off the child and is not meant in an agressive manner. I would advise you and your daughter taking your dog to training classes, learning about the dog's psychology and building up a trust between your daughter and your dog as they begin to understand interactions between one another.
This is certainly something that can be worked upon, at 7 months old your dog is still a puppy and is still learning.
Posted By: danielle11 Re: Home needed for a Westie - 15th Mar 2012 11:53am
yes my e mail address is [email protected] and yes i would love to meet him that would be great , if it did work out i could have him i would keep you informed and up to date i know how it feels when a pet moves home smile he would be loved though hope to hear from you soonxx
Posted By: sophiecollie Re: Home needed for a Westie - 16th Mar 2012 1:11pm
Hi, these dogs have a very high prey drive and when its not kept in check with appropriate brain stimulating activities they will find other ways of satisfying their need. Please think about searching for some activities, ones which involve helping them to relieve their drive. It may help while you search for a home. X
Posted By: BridgetMoans Re: Home needed for a Westie - 30th May 2012 8:42pm
This boy went to a lovely foster home where he was assessed etc... and is now in a loving home x
© Wirral-Wikiwirral