Forums
Posted By: Uffda New Home for a 10year Old Labrador Cross - 8th Mar 2012 5:47pm
My elderly neighbour is in hospital at the moment and will probably going to a care home. She has a ten your old male (neutered) Labrador cross, called Bailey who, if this happens, need a new home.
Unfortunately Bailey has some issues which any new owner would need to be fully aware of. He is an incredibly gentle and loving dog who loves to be cuddled, however in his previous home, they never walked him and he is terrified of any other animal or child so will react very aggressively. Long story short, he actually doesn’t want to go outside so after unsuccessful dog trainer/therapist visits he has been indoors ever since. He will happily go out into the garden but just can’t cope with any other animal or child. He would suit any elderly person who could guarantee he could not get out or shut him in another room if a child visits.
He sounds like a monster, but he is very affectionate when inside and is happiest watching TV having a cuddle.
If anyone is interested in meeting him and perhaps fostering him for a few days on a trial basis, please PM me.
Thanks,
Vicky
Posted By: Tilly Re: New Home for a 10year Old Labrador Cross - 8th Mar 2012 9:10pm
Hi..I have crossposted your appeal on facebook group...WIRRAL ANIMALS NEEDING GOOD HOMES

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1622815728#!/groups/234651879934902/
Posted By: starsign82 Re: New Home for a 10year Old Labrador Cross - 8th Mar 2012 9:14pm
Hi there I would be interested in Bailey the dog we use to have a dog called Bailey that was a labrador cross that we had to give away to an elderley women from Leasowe i was just woundering if it was the same dog and was woundering if it would be possible to come down and see the dog
Posted By: Tilly Re: New Home for a 10year Old Labrador Cross - 8th Mar 2012 9:20pm
Originally Posted by starsign82
Hi there I would be interested in Bailey the dog we use to have a dog called Bailey that was a labrador cross that we had to give away to an elderley women from Leasowe i was just woundering if it was the same dog and was woundering if it would be possible to come down and see the dog

however in his previous home, they never walked him and he is terrified of any other animal or child so will react very aggressively.

I cant see that happening if you where previous owner confused
Posted By: starsign82 Re: New Home for a 10year Old Labrador Cross - 8th Mar 2012 9:24pm
If it is the same dog then hw WAS walked daily and he did not like other dog which the new owner was informed by and didnt have any problems with children might not be the same dog just checking
Posted By: monsterz4 Re: New Home for a 10year Old Labrador Cross - 8th Mar 2012 9:30pm
why did you get rid ? and why would you want him back if you couldnt manage before hand ,what would have changed for you . i sure hope all works out for the poor boy i wish him luck smile
Posted By: starsign82 Re: New Home for a 10year Old Labrador Cross - 8th Mar 2012 9:33pm
It was my mums dog and she had to get rid of him at the time as she could not hand looking after the dog at the time as my father passed away and it was his dog and my mum did not cope well after his death but she is better now and if it was the same dog then she would love him back
Posted By: Uffda Re: New Home for a 10year Old Labrador Cross - 13th Mar 2012 1:33pm
starsign82 I've PM'ed you.
If anyone is interested, here's a photo of Bailey.

Attached picture 651+jpg.jpg
© Wirral-Wikiwirral