Forums
Posted By: surykata Advice cats - 25th Feb 2012 8:49pm
Hi,we have a 6 months old kitten our friend who we got him from has contacted us to say she is unable to keep his mother, so we are thinking of keeping her with us.But we are not sure if this will be a problem, will they accept each other again please all advice needed as we would dearly like to reunite them thanks. smile
Posted By: purple22 Re: Advice cats - 25th Feb 2012 8:54pm
hi surykata,
it shouldn't be a problem, it might be that mum doesn't show much maternal behaviour for the kitten if too much time has passed but there shouldn't be any problems with them establishing a new relationship. like with any introduction of a new cat they will have a few days of 'cat business' where they establish their positions and sort out some 'ground rules' between them before they settle into a routine together. good luck :-)
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Advice cats - 25th Feb 2012 9:03pm
would the Tomcat need to be neutered?
Posted By: surykata Re: Advice cats - 25th Feb 2012 9:16pm
Hi Rudebox he has been neutered 2 weeks ago
Posted By: surykata Re: Advice cats - 25th Feb 2012 9:31pm
Hi, Purple22 sorry i overlooked your post this is very encouraging and positive thank you.
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: Advice cats - 25th Feb 2012 9:53pm
Hi
i agree with purple. I introduced kitten to my 4 yr old catboth females. Had few boxing matches and scraps. Just keep eye on young un. Dont seperate them if they scrap. You will soon see them curled up together. Enjoy them.
Posted By: surykata Re: Advice cats - 25th Feb 2012 10:23pm
Hi Pegsgirl, thank you and every one who posted advice, I know now we will have a bigger family soon, and will book her in at our vets to give her a checkout (very happy)
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Advice cats - 25th Feb 2012 11:39pm
Brill stuff!! thumbsup

Do mum and son have the same colouring?
Posted By: purple22 Re: Advice cats - 25th Feb 2012 11:45pm
you do know you now have to post a pic of them? tease
Posted By: surykata Re: Advice cats - 26th Feb 2012 12:01am
No he ginger tom, she is very different grey in colour i will post pics of them both when they are together again, heinz 57 but they will be loved and cared.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral