Forums
Posted By: granny Lost Dog - 1st Jan 2012 1:51pm
Just seen a little terrier type dog, brown and scruffy looking and soaking wet on Sparks Lanes, Thingwall. It was scavaging on rubbish about 15 mins ago. I couldn't do anything AND i AM SORRY as I have an emergeny on my hands right now. I hope his owner or someone close will see this.
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Lost Dog - 1st Jan 2012 10:41pm
Poor little soul, I hope someone takes it in or at least gives it some food if it's really lost and not just a serial escaper. This info is from the Birkenhead Council kennel site, if it's any help to anyone:

Report a stray dog
If you find a stray dog, during office hours please contact us on 0151 647 8799, outside of office hours, if you can transport the dog to the kennels, please contact Emergency Services on 0151 666 5265, who will arrange for an officer to meet you at the kennels to receive the dog, there is no collection service outside of office hours.

Posted By: granny Re: Lost Dog - 1st Jan 2012 11:29pm
Hi Greenwood I have just tuned in and saw your post. The only hopeful thing is that the little mite was in a road where people are very doggy minded. In fact they all are around this way, so I'm sure someone would have sorted him out. It was totally impossible for me to do today (been awful but ok now). In the past I remember one occassion when I had a dog sitting on the back seat of my car for a couple of hours. I was being sent from one place to another and back again. The dog loved it! He was eventually re-united. The things we do eh! I will keep a look-out on the council lost dogs list and see if he turns up there.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral