Forums
Posted By: Tilly Have you or anyone you know lost a German Shepherd - 26th Dec 2011 7:43pm
Found in the sea about 4 o'clock today
FOUND MON 26.12.11 New Brighton, Wirral CH45. German Shepherd adult male just been found New Brighton Wirral, collar, no tag, sore front leg, soaked through and shaking. Being taken to Birkenhead Council Kennels as finder is unable to keep him.
Phone 0151 647 8799 Wirral Pound Kennels

http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=35645

Just drove past the kennels on borough rd two dogs tied to the gates and left police been informed, such a shame that they cant wait and take them in proper times rather than just dump them on boxing day night and have the poor staff called out or any that night for that matter
Originally Posted by markmagoo
Just drove past the kennels on borough rd two dogs tied to the gates and left police been informed, such a shame that they cant wait and take them in proper times rather than just dump them on boxing day night and have the poor staff called out or any that night for that matter

Do you mean Corporation road?

The emergency dog pound no is...
0151-666-5256
or Joan and Roy Such...0151-678-0619
Ross Lightfoot..0151-648-1905.
These foster for the pound.
The pound is closed now until Friday frown
Are you kidding, someone has dumped dogs outside the pound when they're closed?
Originally Posted by TheDr

They do it all the time.. frown
Originally Posted by Tilly

Shocking!!!!and equally disgusting!!! What goes through these peoples minds??

Of course I can only refer to my own frame of reference but did these people sit around their Boxing Day dinner table and have as a conversation-

"I think we should get rid of the dog later,love"

"yes, I agree darling. Would you like another roastie?"

"yes please. shall we take it to the park and let it out the car and drive off?"

"ooh no,i find that a bit cruel. I reckon we drive it to corpy road and tie it to the fence- someone may find it before it becomes dehydrated, starved or froze to death"

"ok darling. I will take it as soon as i have ate the trifle"

Disgusting people. They knock me sick!!!!
Tilly will German shepard rescue or the other rescue?
Tilly will German shepard rescue or the other rescue can help.
On a brighter note, a family member recieved a rescue dog from the pound, last week and is overjoyed.grin

This beautiful young dog,now has a Forever Home with a loving family. Her microchip has been updated, dhe has had her 'needles' and was Spade (huge changes/ experiences for her) She was a bit 'mad' at first but has settled in well. Her new family are thrilled with her and this little Jack Russell has recieved her best Christmas present thus far!!! laugh

poor dog!

if need help pm me x
the other site am on they can help.
T.C- to me, its like dropping one of your kids at the Workhouse!!!!

Maisie is on the couch next to me,with a paw on my leg. I think dhe has forgot that I am not her friend at the mo coz she dragged all the tin foil thingies out of the bin, ripped them to bits and left them all over the kitchen!!!

Barneys on the prowl,equally irritating- he has just seen his arse that A, Maisies in his spec and B. he also farting his bloody arse off!!!! Absolutly fooking stinks.

But--our dogs are family- will be here to the Death!!!! Can not imagine binning them off when they annoy me!!

Barney is 11 and Maisie is 10 btw.
yep happens alot Dr,its sad but true no joke.
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX

Shocking!!!!and equally disgusting!!! What goes through these peoples minds??

Of course I can only refer to my own frame of reference but did these people sit around their Boxing Day dinner table and have as a conversation-

"I think we should get rid of the dog later,love"

"yes, I agree darling. Would you like another roastie?"

"yes please. shall we take it to the park and let it out the car and drive off?"

"ooh no,i find that a bit cruel. I reckon we drive it to corpy road and tie it to the fence- someone may find it before it becomes dehydrated, starved or froze to death"

"ok darling. I will take it as soon as i have ate the trifle"

Disgusting people. They knock me sick!!!!

spot on I reckon frown

Originally Posted by Tombraider
Tilly will German shepard rescue or the other rescue can help.

The pound dont deal with breed rescues Hun, They prefer to rehome themselves, unless the dog is old or agressive..
what will happen to this boy now (friday) is..he will be vet checked, put on the web site if no one claims him after 7 days he will go up for adoption, after that he has about 3 weeks depending on space. but the fact that maybe 3 dogs have been taken in tonight doesn't hold much hope out for the ones that have been there longer than a month or so.. frown I just hope to god the GSD was dried off and warmed up (he was soaking wet) before going into one of them kennels same goes for the 2 tied to the railings. I wish I worked there, I would light a fire for all of them with couches and armchairs bless em...
Tilly, are you saying that The Pound rejects thorough-breds. Where do they go then? omg
T.C- to me, its like dropping one of your kids at the Workhouse!!!!

Maisie is on the couch next to me,with a paw on my leg. I think dhe has forgot that I am not her friend at the mo coz she dragged all the tin foil thingies out of the bin, ripped them to bits and left them all over the kitchen!!!

Barneys on the prowl,equally irritating- he has just seen his arse that A, Maisies in his spec and B. he also farting his bloody arse off!!!! Absolutly fooking stinks.

But--our dogs are family- will be here to the Death!!!! Can not imagine binning them off when they annoy me!!

Barney is 11 and Maisie is 10 btw.

Totally agree.
i'm sitting on the floor with me laptop coz my 4 have claimed the 2 couch's grin
Tilly, are you saying that The Pound rejects thorough-breds. Where do they go then? omg

No they dont reject them confused they wont let breed rescues rehome for them..
This is sad Tilly why is the owner no longer able to take them?
Originally Posted by Tombraider
This is sad Tilly why is the owner no longer able to take them?

think
theres a million and 1 reason why owners dont/cant care for their dogs luckily 99% will do their utmost to get their dog rehomed or take to the kennels rather than just dump. Ihope someone out their wants a gsd

Remember a dog is for life not just christmas
this is so sad, hope the spineless owners can't sleep at nights, but the type of people they are i cant see it bothering them, hope the GSD finds a new forever home soon. They are lovely dogs we adopted a white GSD 6 months ago and she is so loyal,loving, and soft.

wouldnt part with my gsd for nothing even though me house is mucky and scratched and chewed she is a very loyal and loving dog hop this one gets a home with someone like us.
Igot my dog from the kennels & she's a purebred akita,they had to get japanese akita welfare in because of her breed & we had to have a homecheck by them.It's only certain breeds they will get the breed rescue inolved & misty has just had a really nice Christmas with her new forever family.
Originally Posted by starakita
Igot my dog from the kennels & she's a purebred akita,they had to get japanese akita welfare in because of her breed & we had to have a homecheck by them.It's only certain breeds they will get the breed rescue inolved & misty has just had a really nice Christmas with her new forever family.

So glad she's doing well starakita, she was there a long time bless her.
Did she settle with you straight away?
she settled well Tilly she is a totally different dog now,she was a bit of a handful on walks at first,but I took the advice of Kim from jaw & got a canny collar which worked wonders & it was easier to control her one lady didn't think I'd do it.She's getting better with other dogs but still a way to go,never thought I'd get another dog after I lost my last akita Amber but Im so pleased I've got Misty.
On a brighter note, a family member recieved a rescue dog from the pound, last week and is overjoyed.grin

This beautiful young dog,now has a Forever Home with a loving family. Her microchip has been updated, dhe has had her 'needles' and was Spade (huge changes/ experiences for her) She was a bit 'mad' at first but has settled in well. Her new family are thrilled with her and this little Jack Russell has recieved her best Christmas present thus far!!! laugh

How very Fab Rudebox.. party
This news has really cheered me up,its great to know there are people like you about!!
Nein.
Found in the sea about 4 o'clock today
FOUND MON 26.12.11 New Brighton, Wirral CH45. German Shepherd adult male just been found New Brighton Wirral, collar, no tag, sore front leg, soaked through and shaking. Being taken to Birkenhead Council Kennels as finder is unable to keep him.
Phone 0151 647 8799 Wirral Pound Kennels

http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=35645

Reunited with owner, and there where no dogs tied to the railings over Christmas
Great news, Tilly laugh
brilliant, nice to have some good news on here .
thats good news,nice to have a happy ending
good stuff!
Great news
© Wirral-Wikiwirral