Forums
Posted By: Gold_Moon Elderly cat in Moreton. - 13th Dec 2011 12:13am
At Reeds Lane, Moreton bus stop at 5:30pm today, icy cold, windy and raining hard, an elderly cat came right into the bus shelter.

She was a dark grey, long haired Persian, her right eye had a cataract, and her tongue was sticking out so she was probably missing a few teeth too.

She was so friendly, I was able to pick her up and sit down to cuddle her on my lap. She was purring and rubbing her face on my cheek. Sadly, my bus came just a couple of minutes later and I had to put her back down. I would have brought her home with me, but she had a collar on.

The poor cat needs to be safe and warm indoors on a night like this, especially since she's old and half blind. I'm posting this in case someone has lost her or doesn't realise she's out.

I always worry about cats that'll approach anyone. Not everyone is kind to them. no
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Elderly cat in Moreton. - 13th Dec 2011 12:20am
Aw this is sad, lets hope its not lost.as it is very cold out there for the older cat.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Elderly cat in Moreton. - 13th Dec 2011 5:32am
That's sad.

What kind of idiot puts a cat that vulnerable out in this weather?

You should of took him, did he look neglected?
Posted By: muzzy2 Re: Elderly cat in Moreton. - 13th Dec 2011 7:46am
If anyone should see this cat will you please pm me and if possible hang on to her until I can come to fetch her,only about 20 mins, unless you can bring her to me (Prenton).
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Elderly cat in Moreton. - 13th Dec 2011 8:55am
Just hope this turns out to be a happy ending for this cat,
Posted By: rocks Re: Elderly cat in Moreton. - 13th Dec 2011 9:07am
it may just be that the cat likes being outside whatever the weather, theres a cat in my rd that WILL NOT go in doors, it even sleeps outside when its raining, it is a very well looked after cat and i know this as its my cousins, when she first moved in the rd all the neighbours thought the cat must be a stray but he loves all the attention coz everyone feeds him and stops to stroke him! hes also long haired so maybe they dont like central heating ha
there was a dog that done the same thing yrs ago in my old rd and she lived till she was over 20yrs!!
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Elderly cat in Moreton. - 13th Dec 2011 9:57am
Originally Posted by muzzy2
If anyone should see this cat will you please pm me and if possible hang on to her until I can come to fetch her,only about 20 mins, unless you can bring her to me (Prenton).

You really gonna go steal someones kitty because it was windy out?
Posted By: Teardrop Re: Elderly cat in Moreton. - 13th Dec 2011 10:44am
Cats have been around for 100s of years, how the hell did they cope without having houses to live in?
Posted By: muzzy2 Re: Elderly cat in Moreton. - 13th Dec 2011 11:27am
Originally Posted by Teardrop
Cats have been around for 100s of years, how the hell did they cope without having houses to live in?
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Elderly cat in Moreton. - 13th Dec 2011 11:32am
@ _Ste_: Her owners might not have known she was out, she might have sneaked out. And she looked old, her fur was a bit tatty, but she had a collar.

@ rocks: We had a neutered tom who was the same. He'd only come in to eat, then he wanted to go back out. In all weather! He loved his garden more than the house and we had a kennel out there for him, with bed and blankets. He was 17 when he passed away peacefully.

@ ex0__: It wasn't just windy, it was also icy cold, raining and dark, and she's an old, partially sighted cat by a very busy main road.

I really hope she made it home OK. frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral