Forums
Posted By: Byte_Starkers Has anyone lost a Persian cat? - 22nd Nov 2011 11:14am
I found a black and white Persian cat behind Liscard Tesco on the 9th November. No collar or tags. Seems like a female with the way it meows. Very friendly so I assume its a family cat. she has been behind the store for 3 weeks now. Think she has been feeding from The Big Cod. I couldn't leave her there so I've taken her home, but will have to drop her into the RSPCA (more than likely Livingston Street, Birkenhead as Wallasey Village is due to close soon) as I've just lost a cat myself and not ready to home a new one.

Attached picture cat.jpg
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Has anyone lost a Persian cat? - 22nd Nov 2011 11:26am
The poor thing!
I'm signed up to a missing pet site and get alerts for the local area... Haven't had one that looks like this reported missing.
The RSPCA should be able to check for a chip. I thought the Livingston St RSPCA had gone?... and the one on Cross Lane is closing too?
Posted By: Byte_Starkers Re: Has anyone lost a Persian cat? - 22nd Nov 2011 11:30am
the 1 in livingstone street is listed in july's print of thomsonlocal, a friend in work said wallasey village was due to close and they put animals down. i read that it was due to close and homing animals may not be possible, so i dont wanna take her there just incase
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Has anyone lost a Persian cat? - 22nd Nov 2011 11:39am
I don't know if a vet charges to check for a chip?

Any idea how old she is. Hope she gets back home!
Posted By: Byte_Starkers Re: Has anyone lost a Persian cat? - 22nd Nov 2011 11:43am
no idea. her meow is still quite kitten like so id guess at no more than 3ish. i hope she gets home too - shes absoutely adorable!
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Has anyone lost a Persian cat? - 22nd Nov 2011 11:53am
When one of ours went missing earlier this year we phoned all the vets and rescues around, council etc... Put posters up. Registered details on every online pet site we could find... He was chipped and had a collar with my details on... never found him though frown
Hopefully the person will be as eager to get them back as we were!
Posted By: Byte_Starkers Re: Has anyone lost a Persian cat? - 22nd Nov 2011 11:57am
its not nice losing a pet, thats why ive took her in. id want someone to do the same for my cat instead of leaving her out in the cold. ive phoned animal welfare now and theyre trying to contact someone for me, so fingers crossed i can find her somewhere a bit more permanent until she gets home
Posted By: Byte_Starkers Re: Has anyone lost a Persian cat? - 22nd Nov 2011 3:05pm
good news! i took her up to the RSPCA on cross lane, she has a microchip smile
her name is Penny and shes 9 yrs old. unfortunately her owners split up 5 years ago and the number registered is for someone in south wales! shes trying to phone local people to collect her now shes concerned as why the cat was out for so long!
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Has anyone lost a Persian cat? - 22nd Nov 2011 3:10pm
That is good news! Hope the owner gets found!
Good work Byte_Starkers
Posted By: Byte_Starkers Re: Has anyone lost a Persian cat? - 22nd Nov 2011 3:29pm
thank you! i feel like a detective lol.
the last address for the cat was the cliff or cliff road. both not too far from liscard. i wonder how she got there and what it will uncover!
Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: Has anyone lost a Persian cat? - 22nd Nov 2011 3:29pm
A lady from our street has lost a black and white Persian, she was knocking on neighbours doors asking if we'd seen it. I'm not in at mo but when I get home I'll knock round and show her the pic

Edit....
Ah sorry didn't read full post about you finding the owners
© Wirral-Wikiwirral