Forums
Hello,
Don't know if this is the right section but here goes,

This morning a work mate found a small bird on the ground at New Brighton Prom. I have taken it in as it seems unable to fly.

Can anyone take this from me who can care for it as I don't have a clue.

Cheers
Wendy
Hey Wendy,

ask in the avian section of the "other forum" we use.
i'm sure i saw somebody asking the same thing last week and seemed to get a few good replies.

good luck,
volly
Posted By: Anonymous Re: RSPB Help please, swift or swallow help required - 11th Aug 2011 7:11pm
Is it a nestling? ie. does it have a large gape/bright (yellow?) surround to the beak? If so, it's probably dropped out of the nest (2nd brood if a swallow) or tried its maiden flight too soon.

If it looks fully developed/adult, it could have been stunned by flying into a window/wall. 50/50 chance that with rest it might survive.

If it's a nestling, the advice always is - leave it where it is and the parent bird will seek it out. Obviously a bit late for that now, but you acted with the best of intentions.

The only wild bird sanctuary that would accept it that I know of is up here (Haggisville). NOT a great help. Sorry. There must be one on the Wirral or Merkeyside somewhere. ??

Hope the little fellow makes it.
"If you find injured wildlife please contact our 24-hr cruelty and advice line 0300 1234 999 for assistance. Or you can take it to your local vet who will treat wildlife free of charge, check with your vet first that they are able to see it."

Thats from the rspca wirral website. Give them a call hun I'm sure they'll sort something out for you.

I'm fairly positive the vets in seaview road will help with wildlife too, 0151 638 2002 but theyre probably closed now, think if you ring their answer phone messages gives you an emergancy number to call.

Hope this helps hun.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: RSPB Help please, swift or swallow help required - 11th Aug 2011 7:15pm
BINGO !
Don't you just love wikiwirral! smile
I hope its ok [Linked Image]

we have a nest of them right by ours every year, its amazing watching the parents training their younglins.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral