Forums
Posted By: Ll0159 Please help - 6th Jan 2011 10:49pm
Please help freshfields animal rescue and prevent them from having to close their doors to helpless animals. Apparently the recession has left them struggling and they may have to close! Please donate www.freshfieldsrescue.org.uk donate to the Liverpool centre please
Posted By: manic28_am Re: Please help - 6th Jan 2011 11:33pm
Their staff have all had to accept half pay and they only have enough cash to operate for up to two more weeks.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Please help - 7th Jan 2011 12:19am
Originally Posted by summer01
what will happen to the dogs cats etc

No168 and a no122 with fried rice?

Joke aside hope all works out.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Please help - 7th Jan 2011 1:31am
It is a great cause, shame owners take on responsabilities then realise they can't cope/care for them.

Off to sleep now, just been gassed by the dog.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Please help - 7th Jan 2011 8:46am
Our kittens came from there. Lovely place and really nice people smile
Posted By: Nigel Re: Please help - 7th Jan 2011 9:44am
Seriously, will they all have to be put down and if so how many? I must add that I am talikng about a worse case situation here!
Posted By: Tilly Re: Please help - 7th Jan 2011 1:29pm
I have Shared the appeal on facebook.
Freshfields is a great place and I for one hopes it will never close it's doors. There is a dog there called Spirit he is a GSD X 9/10 years old and has been at the rescue since he was an 8 week old puppy. that just proves how devoted this rescue is to all the animals there. Could you see the rspca caring for a dog for nine years even with 90+million in the bank. I think not!! donation on it's way to freshfields.
see SPIRIT here..
http://www.freshfieldsrescue.org.uk/index.php/animals/detail/spirit/
Posted By: Tilly Re: Please help - 7th Jan 2011 1:40pm
it would be heartbreaking for the likes of Spirit. he looks so Happy and not many places can show pics of a happy dog at a rescue.
UK-GSRescue will offer back up for this boy should the worst happen. but as it says on his profile he is content at freshfields. he has never known a real home so what he's never had he will never miss, I think his name says it all.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Please help - 7th Jan 2011 1:46pm
We gave them cat toys the other week... smile
Posted By: bert1 Re: Please help - 7th Jan 2011 2:00pm
smack
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Please help - 7th Jan 2011 2:03pm
I've already got 2 cats and 1 girlfriend in my house Summer! More than enough in my tiny house!
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Please help - 7th Jan 2011 2:13pm
They're ok. Only got them coz Maud insisted on it.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Please help - 7th Jan 2011 2:15pm
Thats not a name we hear much these days.
Posted By: Wench Re: Please help - 7th Jan 2011 2:15pm
I've fallen in love with Blackie but can't have him frown
Posted By: bert1 Re: Please help - 7th Jan 2011 2:18pm
Originally Posted by bert1
Thats not a name we hear much these days.
what Bert Blackie ?

Summer, I'm not physic, i posted that before Blackie was mentioned.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Please help - 7th Jan 2011 2:19pm
raftl
Posted By: Wench Re: Please help - 7th Jan 2011 2:20pm
whos Blackie wench ?

He's one of the dogs at Freshfields. He can only be an only pet so no good for me as I have Tarot.
Posted By: Wench Re: Please help - 7th Jan 2011 2:31pm
I already have Tarot and have no intention of getting rid of her as she's my baby laugh
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Please help - 7th Jan 2011 2:33pm
This could be you Summer?...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wench Re: Please help - 7th Jan 2011 2:34pm
She's a Patterdale/Staff cross. Daft as a brush but I couldn't put her at risk with a dog that doesn't do well with other dogs. She's my priority.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Please help - 7th Jan 2011 2:57pm
Hopefully an appeal on tv may help them
julie
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Please help - 7th Jan 2011 2:59pm
There was a thing on last night... think it was Granada Reports?
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Please help - 7th Jan 2011 4:20pm
Originally Posted by Wench
She's a Patterdale/Staff cross. Daft as a brush but I couldn't put her at risk with a dog that doesn't do well with other dogs. She's my priority.
She is a lovely doggie.X
Posted By: sarahdavo Re: Please help - 12th Jan 2011 5:12pm
im not sure whats being asked here, but if the centre is having to close through lack of funds, then id take a cat, but only if its free. I know that sounds mercinary, but if i can save one from being put to sleep i would, however i already have 5 cats, so dont have the money to pay for another, but would take one, if it was needing a home rather than being put to sleep. Rufus looks like he would fit in with us, i have young children and 5 cats, it says he is a familly cat. I have 3 rescue cats, saffy he is a male now aged about 11,had him since he was 2, got from a guy in west kirby paid a donation of £12 for him. smokey a female aged 4 and one of her kittens. smokey,s owner had died and she was being cared for by a relative, paid £50 for her, got her spayed last month. sowfee aged 3 months is smokeys little boy and 2 brothers aged 20 months i paid £200 for both of them because i liked the look of them. so i just dont have the funds to pay for any more, but if i could save one from death row i would . sarah from wallaseyxx
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Please help - 12th Jan 2011 8:44pm
www.hauntedmerseyside.org.uk
i'm sure, i read on this site that the proceeds of walks/ vigils go to local charities. Freshfields is one of them. smile
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Please help - 12th Jan 2011 9:00pm
Thats good news i've sent them a donation,and i hope lots of people saw their appeal on granada news
Posted By: reddragon Re: Please help - 13th Jan 2011 9:02am
ROFL@ Polo Phil
Posted By: bobi1 Re: Please help - 14th Jan 2011 12:01am
HI DOES ANYONE KNOW OF AN EMERGENCY VET NEAR WALLASY OR BIRKENHEAD PLEASE, THIS IS URGENT. THANKS
Posted By: Wench Re: Please help - 14th Jan 2011 12:04am
Your own vet should have an emergency number on the answer machine out of hours. Failing that, if you don't have a vet that you use, just pick one close to you.

Hope that helps.
Posted By: bobi1 Re: Please help - 14th Jan 2011 12:05am
All the local vets seem use a chester on call service,which is probably too far away
Posted By: hoseman Re: Please help - 14th Jan 2011 12:28am
Birch Vets, Oxton and Moreton. will come to you.
0151 652 3284 24/7

Broadway, Wallasey rd
0151 630 1115 24/7

Higgotts, Poulton rd
0151 639 1971 / 0845 494 4400

Parkside, wallasey village
0151 630 4899
Posted By: bobi1 Re: Please help - 14th Jan 2011 2:56am
Thanks so much for that info hoseman, I will certainly make a copy for future reference. I ended up at Chestergates Referral hospital and have just got back. I had a rat with acute breathing difficulties and they managed to anaesthetise her and aspirate a food particle and a lot of mucus which was causing her great distress. She appears over the worst of it now. Thanks again.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Please help - 14th Jan 2011 10:56am
Result thumbsup
Posted By: hoseman Re: Please help - 14th Jan 2011 7:15pm
No probs Bob, thats what we are here for! Used to keep rats for years, beautiful intelligent creatures, had about 10 at one time!! used to take them in as unwanted, 1 man rat protection league!!! Would love another couple but missus not keen on them, shes a kitty lover!!
Will do one day, miss them sitting on shoulder while watching Tv!!! thumbsup
© Wirral-Wikiwirral