Forums
Posted By: vw_kyle Corn snake - 9th Dec 2010 7:52pm
Hi is there anyone on here whos got corn snakes or knows anything about them need some help with mine.
Posted By: Wench Re: Corn snake - 9th Dec 2010 8:11pm
Mine's with my brother, but I've had snakes for years. What's up Kyle?
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Corn snake - 9th Dec 2010 8:18pm
Im just having problems getting him out,hes been use to me handling all the time, but the last few times ive tried to get him he just goes for me and tries to bite me and i sh@t myself everytime lol,but i know the bite doesnt hurt its more of a shock that he,s going to bite you.ive tryed with gloves towels and tryed to keep my hand nice and low but bolts and then goes for me.
Posted By: Wench Re: Corn snake - 9th Dec 2010 8:20pm
Sounds like he's ready to shed. My corn snake and the boa were the same. He'll go dull next, then his eyes will cloud over and then a few days later go back to normal. Then you'll wake up to a skin in the viv and a shiny, hungry snake. My advice is don't try handling him until he has shed as they get stressed and grumpy.

If you need anything else, just ask mate.
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Corn snake - 9th Dec 2010 8:22pm
ok thanks
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Corn snake - 9th Dec 2010 8:36pm
my lizard did exactl the same, give it a day or so
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Corn snake - 9th Dec 2010 10:40pm
Must be like a snake version of PMT!
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Corn snake - 9th Dec 2010 11:10pm
give it a large water bowl so it can bathe and trap moisture between the old skin and the newly forming skin underneath.it does sound like its due to shed, has it been refusing food over the last week ? are its eyes going milky white?

When you go to get it out , try letting it come out to you instead of reaching into its viv. By reaching in you are creating a large image in its vision, causing it to stress out,

If it is due to shed your best leaving it alone till its done, then feed it up heavily to encourage it to become docile again, a well fed snake is far more docile

Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Corn snake - 9th Dec 2010 11:16pm
i have kept and bred many species of snake including cornsnakes for about 20 years
Posted By: Wench Re: Corn snake - 9th Dec 2010 11:19pm
Just as an add on, make sure he has something rough to rub against so he can shed without any extra stress. Check the skin after too to make sure the eye caps have come off.
Posted By: Wench Re: Corn snake - 9th Dec 2010 11:26pm
Mine have a bark tunnel, a yucca plant and a branch. All treated before the question is asked wink
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Corn snake - 9th Dec 2010 11:27pm
a rough rock , viv wood. If u use a wood substrate often they will burrow through it to shed.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Corn snake - 9th Dec 2010 11:28pm
Originally Posted by summer01
Originally Posted by jabber
give it a large water bowl so it can bathe and trap moisture between the old skin and the newly forming skin underneath.it does sound like its due to shed, has it been refusing food over the last week ? are its eyes going milky white?
hen you go to get it out , try letting it come out to you instead of reaching into its viv. By reaching in you are creating a large image in its vision, causing it to stress out,

If it is due to shed your best leaving it alone till its done, then feed it up heavily to encourage it to become docile again, a well fed snake is far more docile

good advice do you have snake?
Well, what do you think?? Seriously.
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Corn snake - 9th Dec 2010 11:30pm
i reckon guinea pigs would chew on it...

making one bouyant guinea pig laffin
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Corn snake - 9th Dec 2010 11:40pm
best way to relieve a bored guinea pig is to give it a freind tbh , they are much happier when kept in groups, they will live alongside rabbits too
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Corn snake - 10th Dec 2010 9:46am
Originally Posted by summer01
Aw no i have a guinea pig and he is so nice i adopted him as his last owner kept him in a mouse cage he is beginning to respond and love the attention but i want him to have some sort of bordom block . but back to the topic the corn snack .funny anyway Jabber

Corn snack? Bit of butter and some black ground pepper does it for me.
Posted By: woodley Re: Corn snake - 10th Dec 2010 10:02am
Love your sense of humour Bandy. I sit here chuckling to myself
so often I worry in case I'm going crackers.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Corn snake - 10th Dec 2010 10:09am
When you do Ruth you can join the rest of us and feel at home.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Corn snake - 10th Dec 2010 10:32am
Ruth: A lot of the folks on wikiwirral are loopy, nuts, mad, crazy, deranged, ga-ga or just plain strange. Some would be quite worrying if they ever managed to get out under the fence.

Back to topic..... what was that about Corned Snacks ??
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Corn snake - 10th Dec 2010 1:58pm
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
Ruth: A lot of the folks on wikiwirral are loopy, nuts, mad, crazy, deranged, ga-ga or just plain strange. Some would be quite worrying if they ever managed to get out under the fence.

Back to topic..... what was that about Corned Snacks ??

Someone, no names no pack drill, misspelt corn snake as corn snack. This left a gaping hole for a nonsensical quip, which I provided. God help me.
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Corn snake - 10th Dec 2010 2:02pm
Hes not due to shed had a good look lastnite,but the gf accidently left the tank open last night and he escaped luckily i found him and came straight to me so had him out for a few hrs and he loved it,gave me a chance to clean out his tank to wooo.yeah weve got a few little branchs and bark tunnel in his tank and usually sheds in one big piece but anyway thanks for the advice
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Corn snake - 10th Dec 2010 2:12pm
If he is ok now it seems like he must've just had a hang over. Don't put spirits in his drinking bowl in future, keep him on water.
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Corn snake - 10th Dec 2010 5:40pm
a complete , or near too ,skin is a sign of a snake in good health matey so looks like your doing things right. wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral