Forums
Posted By: Tilly Stray dog - 19th Jun 2010 12:47pm
there is a staffy X running in and out of the kids play area at Seacombe Ferry, just wants to play, no collar on. Dog Wardens Closed, Police won't pick it up, rspca effing useless and wont take stray dogs in. what's one supposed to do??????????
Posted By: Wench Re: Stray dog - 19th Jun 2010 12:52pm
Aren't any of your dog charities local or can you take it in temporarily? I'd oblige but I'm in a top floor flat and on crutches frown
Posted By: Tilly Re: Stray dog - 19th Jun 2010 12:57pm
not in wallasey
Posted By: Tilly Re: Stray dog - 19th Jun 2010 3:20pm
I think dogs should learn not to get lost/dumped at the weekend in wallasey because there is no one available to help. mad
in the end my daughter rang one of the foster carers on the dog pound link, they gave her the emergency dog pound number, she rang that but no transport smack so a member of staff at the play planet took him there frown and that's where he will stay until the stupid owners actually realise or care he's missing smirk
WHY OH WHY idiot DON'T THE DOG POUND HAVE THE EMERGENCY NUMBER ON THEIR WEB SITE, it's not rocket science idiot
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Stray dog - 19th Jun 2010 3:34pm
In kd shop st pauls rd there is a missing poster for a young brindle staffy?!?
Posted By: Tilly Re: Stray dog - 19th Jun 2010 3:44pm
this is the dog
[Linked Image]
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Stray dog - 19th Jun 2010 3:58pm
Would that be brindle? Dunno wot brindle is and is it young?
Posted By: sean Re: Stray dog - 19th Jun 2010 4:00pm
brindle is brown
Posted By: Wench Re: Stray dog - 19th Jun 2010 4:16pm
I recognise that dog. I know what the owners look like but not who they are. They live by me frown

I'll put a notice in the local shop on my way out if I can smile
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Stray dog - 19th Jun 2010 4:33pm
Im gna walk up the offy+ check the poster later.
Posted By: Tilly Re: Stray dog - 19th Jun 2010 4:35pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Would that be brindle? Dunno wot brindle is and is it young?

Brindle is like, brown and black stripey grin
Posted By: Tilly Re: Stray dog - 19th Jun 2010 4:36pm
Originally Posted by Wench
I recognise that dog. I know what the owners look like but not who they are. They live by me frown

I'll put a notice in the local shop on my way out if I can smile

thank you so much thumbsup just put on poster he is in the pound yes
Posted By: Wench Re: Stray dog - 19th Jun 2010 4:41pm
I'll put on the notice to check here smile
Posted By: Tilly Re: Stray dog - 19th Jun 2010 4:44pm
Originally Posted by Wench
I'll put on the notice to check here smile

that's a good idea Wench, then they can see the rollocking I gave them for losing him in the first place lol! shocked
Posted By: bitch Re: Stray dog - 19th Jun 2010 8:17pm
hi if you phone the dog warden in corparation road the number is 0151 647 8799 if there closed they will leave an emergency number hope this helps
Posted By: Tilly Re: Stray dog - 19th Jun 2010 8:27pm
Originally Posted by bitch
hi if you phone the dog warden in corparation road the number is 0151 647 8799 if there closed they will leave an emergency number hope this helps

he's at the pound now! thanks anyway happy
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Stray dog - 20th Jun 2010 11:45am
Tilly what fate now lies with this dog if he/she does not get claimed within the time bracket that the pound set? do they not kill the dogs anymore or something? i suspect not with you getting in touch with them as im sure they would be the last people you got in touch with right ??? have the terrible conditions improved now since we all signed the petition or am i missing something??? Kev
Posted By: Tilly Re: Stray dog - 20th Jun 2010 12:34pm
Hi Kev
the dog will be kept for 7 days and then if the owner not found will become the property of the council.
the Warden will advertise him for adoption and contact rescues for any spaces. I have no idea of the time frame for dogs in the pound regards to euthanasia, I think that all depends on kennel space in the pound, because a few dogs in there have been up for adoption for a while now. also the wirral animal welfare people like Joan and Roy Such and Ros Lightfoot are involved a lot now and try and find foster places for the dogs.
as the regards to the dog pound it's self the council are in agreement that something needs to be done and are thinking about re-locating to somewhere else. I helped start the petition and it collected nearly 600 signatures on line, paper signatures are much higher of course. but I am not as involved as much as I was because of my own family commitments.
Karen smile
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Stray dog - 20th Jun 2010 3:12pm
Thanks for the info Tilly hun well i hope that the poor bugga gets claimed asap or rehomed/fostered ect. if you find out what happened to him/her then please let us know on here. cheers luv. kev x
Posted By: Tilly Re: Stray dog - 20th Jun 2010 3:18pm
no problem Kev thumbsup
Posted By: Tilly Re: Stray dog - 22nd Jun 2010 10:12pm
he has not been claimed as yet. he is joined by 7 other dogs that ended up in the pound in just one weekend..
http://www.wirral.gov.uk/wirraldogs/Detail.asp?DogsID=5721
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Stray dog - 23rd Jun 2010 11:31am
Awwwww poor things, wish i had a bloody home big enough to house the lot of them till. Sooner i get that big lotto win the better for all the mistreated unloved Animals of the Wirral peninsula.
Posted By: reddragon Re: Stray dog - 23rd Jun 2010 1:00pm
Now thats what Ilike to see on here

" A HAPPY HELPFUL FORUM " well done everyone clap
Posted By: Tilly Re: Stray dog - 23rd Jun 2010 7:34pm
the dog is microchipped along with 2 Akita's found on Sunday, but all 3 dogs still in the pound think
Posted By: MediKated Re: Stray dog - 27th Jun 2010 9:32pm
Aww Tilly those akitas in the pound look so sad especially the female, shes really thin too , I went this week to have a look at the tri colour collie cross and I'm sure I saw the staffie you've posted but the kennel had a "siezed" poster on it (perhaps I'm mistaken, it might just be a similar one), I signed the kennels petition ages ago and sent links to family memebers to, fingers crossed something gets done because the place is just pitifull and depressing, I came away close to tears and wanting to take them all home! Unfortunately the nice girl told us that the scotty dog cant be rehomed till 30th june and the collie cross is already assigned to a home (although its still on the website :(), I've been checking daily to see what comes in and I cant believe the amount of dogs that turn up there. I hope the staffie you've posted about gets out of there soon.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Stray dog - 27th Jun 2010 9:44pm
Originally Posted by summer01
Tilly sign upto rescue helpers unite

They any good with footballers and cricketers?
Posted By: Tilly Re: Stray dog - 27th Jun 2010 11:28pm
Originally Posted by tinypip
Aww Tilly those akitas in the pound look so sad especially the female, shes really thin too , I went this week to have a look at the tri colour collie cross and I'm sure I saw the staffie you've posted but the kennel had a "siezed" poster on it (perhaps I'm mistaken, it might just be a similar one), I signed the kennels petition ages ago and sent links to family memebers to, fingers crossed something gets done because the place is just pitifull and depressing, I came away close to tears and wanting to take them all home! Unfortunately the nice girl told us that the scotty dog cant be rehomed till 30th june and the collie cross is already assigned to a home (although its still on the website :(), I've been checking daily to see what comes in and I cant believe the amount of dogs that turn up there. I hope the staffie you've posted about gets out of there soon.

hi Tinypip
I have heard that the council are happy to improve and possibly re-locate the dog pound, but whatever they do I am sure it will benefit the dogs.
the siezed staffie cross was there when I went a few months ago it's a possible Pitbull and is the subject of a court case I believe frown
the one my daughter found in Seacombe is microchipped but obviously the owner no longer wants it, I hope they are prosecuted for dumping him in the first place. same goes for the Akita owners. mad
Summer: Pussy wanderers!!!!!! laugh pmsl laugh
Posted By: MediKated Re: Stray dog - 28th Jun 2010 7:07pm
Oh thats good news Tilly, thats place has been too tiny for too long, they do a brilliant job there but it must be so hard with such limitations. That siezed staffie/poss pitbull was gorgeous and seemed lovely too, what will happen if its found to be a pitbull? DOes it have to be destroyed? I hope all the dogs there find good homes, I saw today that the little terrier cross has found a new home, she was lovely too but my daughter wasnt interested, fussy bugger that she is!
Posted By: Tilly Re: Stray dog - 28th Jun 2010 8:34pm
Originally Posted by tinypip
Oh thats good news Tilly, thats place has been too tiny for too long, they do a brilliant job there but it must be so hard with such limitations. That siezed staffie/poss pitbull was gorgeous and seemed lovely too, what will happen if its found to be a pitbull? DOes it have to be destroyed? I hope all the dogs there find good homes, I saw today that the little terrier cross has found a new home, she was lovely too but my daughter wasnt interested, fussy bugger that she is!

I'm not too sure about the siezed dog tbh. the Dangerous Dog Act states that Pitbulls are banned in this country so if they say he is a full breed pitbull then yes he will be put to sleep. however Staffies cossed with any large bull breed dog are classed as 'pitbull type' owners are by law supposed to have their dog, registered, Microchipped, tattooed, neutered, and muzzled in public, and any dog that they think looks like a 'pitbull type' will be seized if the owner does not do what the DDA want, then the dog will be put to sleep. frown
someone I know had his a Staffie cross Boxer seized, he had to have his dog done to conform with the DDA request even though in the end it was proved he was not a 'pitbull type'
(IMO the police wouldn't know a pitbull from a poodle) he was kept at a secret location for over a year. the dog was never the same again frown he is scared of his own shadow now, he was terribly emaciated, and looked pitiful when they got him back.
These louts that go around using these dog as a status symbol are the ones to blame for what these dogs have to go through. and they are the kindest most loving dogs. BSL is wrong and should end now.
Punish the deed not the breed.
sorry didn't mean to rant on lol! laugh
when you say your daughter is fussy! are you looking for a rescue dog?
Posted By: puppyschool Re: Stray dog - 30th Jun 2010 4:30pm
It drives me mad how people assume all staffies ect are pitbulls. Try this: http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html I've worked with dogs for over 10 years and even I didn't find it straight away!
Posted By: Tilly Re: Stray dog - 30th Jun 2010 4:56pm
wooohoo i found it first time off lol!
Posted By: puppyschool Re: Stray dog - 30th Jun 2010 8:26pm
LOL well theres always one who has to show off!!! (only joking lol)
Posted By: ronnie Re: Stray dog - 30th Jun 2010 9:44pm
It took me about 9 attempts, I honestly didn't think it would be that difficult!
Posted By: Tilly Re: Stray dog - 30th Jun 2010 9:59pm
Originally Posted by ronnie
It took me about 9 attempts, I honestly didn't think it would be that difficult!

your not alone tho ronnie, the police can't tell either no
Posted By: angelina Re: Stray dog - 1st Jul 2010 8:46am
Great job, loved this. Thats why so many people say pit bull "type" . withstupid
Posted By: bert1 Re: Stray dog - 1st Jul 2010 3:14pm
I got it first time, its the one with the baby's arm in its mouth.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral