Forums
Posted By: Wench My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 16th Aug 2008 9:17pm
Hi all.

Tarot started being sick last night at about 10pm. I've starved her since as that's what the Vet said to do, as long as she drinks. Trouble is, she won't even drink.

Vet said to starve her for 24hrs, but can anyone suggest how I can get her to drink, short of forcing her to?

I don't like the idea of her being ill and not able to tell me what she wants.

I'm wondering if it's something she's picked up from the mersey as I can't keep her out of it.

Any help appreciated!

Cheers guys.
Posted By: Waddi Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 16th Aug 2008 9:43pm
Have you tried a salt lick, it will dry out the dogs mouth to a point where they need to drink. Like when fast food places put extra salt on your chips to encourage you to buy more drinks.
Posted By: Wench Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 16th Aug 2008 9:51pm
No, not tried that. Thought they were only for donkeys, horses and Johnny Keogh.

Will try that.

Thanks WADDI

x
Posted By: Wheels Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 16th Aug 2008 9:53pm
oh bummer. hope it gets sorted
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 16th Aug 2008 9:55pm
awwwwwww poor Tarot hope gets better soon as i hate seein pets ill it really upsets me as they cant tell ya anything i feel so helpless if ya get wot i mean omg
Posted By: Wench Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 16th Aug 2008 9:56pm
Me too - heard about 3 dogs that have died in the past few weeks that only go on the beach that started off being sick like she is. I'd die if I lost her.
Posted By: Wench Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 16th Aug 2008 9:58pm
Thanks Scott. She looks so small in her bed tonight, it's breaking my heart.

She's normally having a mad half hour by now doh
Posted By: jonah Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 16th Aug 2008 10:00pm
best get well wishes to poorly tarot. Big hugs x
Posted By: chiccy Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 16th Aug 2008 10:00pm
mad as it sounds but try a small syringe with water in an trickle it in if she'll let u?! x
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 16th Aug 2008 10:03pm
awwwwwwwwwwww poor Tarot im sure he will pull through hun i wouldn worry to much im sure its only a bug plus the more you worry the more the dog will pick up on the bad vibes ur letting off and make Tarot feel worse so be strong as you can and keep us updated please yes
Posted By: jonah Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 16th Aug 2008 10:06pm
yeh let us know how things go x
Posted By: Wench Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 16th Aug 2008 10:06pm
Thanks guys - you're bringing a tear to my eye and I don't do tears hand

Just got her to drink so hopefully she'll carry on.
Posted By: Waddi Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 16th Aug 2008 10:07pm
What did you do to make her drink?
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 16th Aug 2008 10:08pm
Originally Posted by PaganJay
just got her to drink so hopefully she'll carry on.

YAYYYYYYYY yomama
Posted By: jonah Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 16th Aug 2008 10:09pm
we are all friends on here and all here to help each other In any way possible even if it's just positive thoughts x
Posted By: Wench Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 16th Aug 2008 10:10pm
Originally Posted by WADDI
What did you do to make her drink?

Ex asked her nicely shocked was just about to give her some salt rub on the back of my hand.

Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 16th Aug 2008 10:11pm
sorry to divert the thread but jonah im impressed you thought of that all on ya own raftl

Originally Posted by jonah
we are all friends on here and all here to help each other In any way possible even if it's just positive thoughts x

Please to hear Tarot is gettin a drink its a start of a good recovery yipee
Posted By: Wench Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 17th Aug 2008 8:49pm
The puppy officially known as Princess Tarotino Flibberty Gibbert Bananahammock has this evening eaten half a freshly roasted chicken, 2 small yorkshire puddings, home made from scratch chicken gravy and boiled rice and drank a bowl of water.

She's not 100% but is somewhat back to normal as she has had a mad 2 minutes fighting with me on the bed and has had a walk on the front where she ate some grass.

Just wanted to thank you all for your help and your wishes.

We both appreciate it more than you all know!

I owe you all wink
Posted By: Wheels Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 17th Aug 2008 8:53pm
Yay! can i come round to sample some of your dogs dinner? tease
Posted By: Wench Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 17th Aug 2008 9:00pm
You're welcome anytime - bring GD with you too and he can have some aswell smile

Used to be a chef so it's no big deal to me lol
Posted By: Wench Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 17th Aug 2008 10:36pm
Add to that the apple crumble and creme anglais she's just poached while I was in the bathroom - she's back to normal raftl

My dog has some serious food issues!
Posted By: chiccy Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 18th Aug 2008 10:27am
haha bless... her dinner sounded yummus!!
Posted By: Wheels Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 18th Aug 2008 10:37am
mmmmmmm crumble...
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 18th Aug 2008 12:33pm
glad to hear tarrot is well and fine now yipee
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 18th Aug 2008 9:23pm
my dog just ate a tree, what wood you recommend?
Posted By: mike849 Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 18th Aug 2008 9:29pm
hows his bark?
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 18th Aug 2008 9:42pm
only just twigged what you meant. only just branching out into vets stuff, once i get to the root of the problem i will leaf you a post
Posted By: mike849 Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 18th Aug 2008 9:46pm
have you tried logging on?
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 18th Aug 2008 9:47pm
smack
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 18th Aug 2008 9:58pm
hey mike, dont be a sap
Posted By: mike849 Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 18th Aug 2008 10:04pm
rentaclown are you trunk?
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 18th Aug 2008 10:12pm
that old chestnut
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 18th Aug 2008 10:12pm
there is not a (wood)grain of truth in that statement
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 18th Aug 2008 10:17pm
enough tree puns already! someone is going to get my PALM in their face!!! hand
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 18th Aug 2008 10:19pm
good new twist mong, tree names!!! been to the oak lately?
Posted By: mike849 Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 18th Aug 2008 10:19pm
stop oaking around!
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 18th Aug 2008 10:20pm
how off topic is this?
Posted By: mike849 Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 18th Aug 2008 10:20pm
just a little!
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 18th Aug 2008 10:29pm
i know, wood you believe it?
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 18th Aug 2008 10:33pm
already used the wood one, she loved it!!!
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 18th Aug 2008 10:34pm
this topic is simply blossiming
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 18th Aug 2008 10:35pm
it would be better if you could spell
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: My dog's ill...does anyone know.... - 18th Aug 2008 10:40pm
so i forgot it was an "o" so what?!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral