Forums
Posted By: Detecting_wirral Finds 28/07/18 more silver! - 29th Jul 2018 10:56am
Out again yesterday, but the last time for a couple of weeks due to work commitments. Had the usual haul of buttons, lead weights, lead bag seals etc.. had a nice 3 ring bullet, some crusty old coppers, the larger being another very worn cartwheel penny. Also had a Georgian toy cannon dating between 1750-1850. A nice little 1839 Victorian “young bun” six pence which I’m still in the process of cleaning, and a silver “dock police” button which has been tested and is silver so very happy with that! Judging by the crown on it I think it’s victorian era. Also had an old cricket plaque which I can’t seem to find an age for.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Finds 28/07/18 more silver! - 29th Jul 2018 11:41am
Nice haul. When we were teenagers we used to dig up old bottles and stuff in an area adjacent to the M53 Moreton Spur where Norwich drive is and Thornham Close is. Was a raised piece of land that had ashy type fill suggesting old tip of some kind. There is still a small bit of woodland there but would think most of the other areas are now back gardens although i think there is still a footpath along the river fender by a footbridge there that is still untouched land for at least 50 years
Posted By: Detecting_wirral Re: Finds 28/07/18 more silver! - 29th Jul 2018 12:40pm
Interesting stuff fish, I do like to have a little bottle dig although I havnt been for a while now. I’ll have to go and have a walk along there and see if I can spot anything. Do you still have any of the bottles you found? Would be interesting to see what you found. Thanks for the info 👍🏻
Posted By: cools Re: Finds 28/07/18 more silver! - 29th Jul 2018 4:17pm
Another rewarding day out detecting..some good finds there especially the sixpence and dock button. They're all interesting though . Wherever you've been is throwing up some great stuff. Thanks for taking the time to share and show us Ex.
Posted By: Detecting_wirral Re: Finds 28/07/18 more silver! - 29th Jul 2018 5:40pm
Thanks cools. Yes it’s a great little permission we have, always come home with something! And so much land to chose from too!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral