Forums
Posted By: Detecting_wirral Staffordshire rally 14th April 2018 - 14th Apr 2018 7:42pm
So me, Jeff and a few friends got out in Staffordshire today for a rally, it wasn’t very good to be fair, with me and Jeff not getting anything worth showing ☹️ But one of our friends had a few good finds, including a half cut Henry III long cross hammered coin minted somewhere between 1154-1485. The weather was brilliant though and was great to get out, here’s a few pictures, thanks for reading

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: moretonjeffo Re: Staffordshire rally 14th April 2018 - 14th Apr 2018 9:13pm
yep gareths finds were definitely better than ours today after boasting who was going to find the most we both did rubish so on to the chester rally next week for round 2
Posted By: Detecting_wirral Re: Staffordshire rally 14th April 2018 - 15th Apr 2018 1:41am
Haha yes Defo mate!
Posted By: cools Re: Staffordshire rally 14th April 2018 - 15th Apr 2018 9:15am
Disappointing when you come home with nothing isn't it but as you say nice weather... good finds what was found albeit not by yourselves. I would have been so excited finding a coin of that age. Well as you say Chester here you come! Sure you'll both have a good day , good luck and happy detecting. Thanks for sharing pics , love it.......
Posted By: Detecting_wirral Re: Staffordshire rally 14th April 2018 - 16th Apr 2018 8:19pm
Yes it was a bit disappointing but was still Good to get out. Really looking forward to the Chester dig though. I’ll put a post up on Sunday whether or not we find anything
Posted By: cools Re: Staffordshire rally 14th April 2018 - 29th Apr 2018 4:21pm
How did the Chester Dig go Explore? Been looking forward to seeing all yours and Jeffs gold and good finds...that's what I hoped you'd find anyway.
Haha unfortunately there wasn’t anything great found by me or Jeff again ☹️ We havnt been out since due to work commitments and things, but hoping to get out next week a couple of times so hopefully we will have some finds to share 😁
Posted By: cools Re: Staffordshire rally 14th April 2018 - 4th May 2018 9:08pm
Oh that's bad , so disappointing eh. Never mind one day, one day......I was looking at this little haul today found with the Terracotta warriors in China. I was thinking just imagine digging these up while detecting it would blow your mind...

Attached picture IMG_0868.JPG
That would be amazing to find!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral