Forums
Posted By: cools Finds of today - 20th Sep 2015 2:24pm
Hope you're not getting bored with me but thought I'd show you today's finds. The oldest coin I've found to date old halfpenny forgotten how big they were no wonder we had holes in pocket. The twisted bangle is copper I think. Then of course the two pence and one pence I always seem to find them.

Attached picture image.jpg
Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: cools Re: Finds of today - 20th Sep 2015 2:35pm
Was trying to get pic up with 2 and 1pence on to compare size with halfpenny but having trouble getting pic up.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Finds of today - 20th Sep 2015 3:57pm
Never bored of seeing your finds cools. Very interesting. Keep 'em coming! happy
Posted By: Dilly Re: Finds of today - 20th Sep 2015 4:06pm
Keep posting Cools we all like to see your finds. Are you sure the bangle isn't rose gold ?
Posted By: snowhite Re: Finds of today - 20th Sep 2015 4:57pm
Love your finds Cools.Keep sharing with us xx
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Finds of today - 20th Sep 2015 5:57pm
Fishing a bit the same as metal detecting...never sure whats coming out next and great expectancy. We look forward to the day you post your viking hoard of gold.drinks all round at the corner.
Posted By: cools Re: Finds of today - 20th Sep 2015 6:39pm
Oh yeah Fish Deffo would do that gladly x
Posted By: x_plore Re: Finds of today - 21st Sep 2015 10:54am
Nice one cools! yer i agree with Dilly, is the bangle defo copper? congrats on your oldest coin too! your doing well smile
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Finds of today - 21st Sep 2015 11:57am
Keep 'em rolling, always interesting to see. I keep on thinking of getting a detector but the hobby would be yet another thing that joins the queue for when we have decent weather.
Posted By: rocks Re: Finds of today - 21st Sep 2015 6:04pm
i echo all of the above smile
Posted By: cools Re: Finds of today - 21st Sep 2015 7:58pm
Thanks for all the encouraging comments folks.x. Possibly could be rose gold but very thin and hollow. I'll check it out, just so I can say found my first gold..
Posted By: Dilly Re: Finds of today - 21st Sep 2015 8:06pm
It being hollow is one of the reasons I suspect it to be rose gold because it would be cheap enough to make solid in copper.. hope that makes sense smile
Posted By: cools Re: Finds of today - 21st Sep 2015 8:25pm
Yeah I understand Dilly, got things myself that are hollow gold ,cheaper of course than solid gold. Quite possibly is then ,thanks...
Posted By: granny Re: Finds of today - 26th Sep 2015 3:37pm
Get down on the beach Cools. Whale vomit is the 'thing' in the auction rooms.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34368198
Posted By: cools Re: Finds of today - 26th Sep 2015 4:26pm
Allready thought of that Granny, had a good look at what it looks like . £11,000 can't be bad eh. Never mind the metal show me the vomit, be sick Moby in the Mersey please, Captain Ahab waits,lol...
Posted By: starakita Re: Finds of today - 26th Sep 2015 4:34pm
I wish Misty would find some whale vomit instead of the dead things she usually finds when were at the beach.Found 2 small bottles of baileys though.
Posted By: cools Re: Finds of today - 26th Sep 2015 4:40pm
Did you drink them Star? Seriously though looking at that stuff you really would not know what it was. Who knows we may have seen some and just totally walked past it. Next time I see anything looks remotely like it am going to have a good sniff, might keel over though as smell is pretty Nasty and pungent.
Posted By: starakita Re: Finds of today - 26th Sep 2015 5:29pm
yes I did drink them cools they were sealed & they were fine,they must of come of one of the ships.
Posted By: themoleofwirral Re: Finds of today - 8th Oct 2015 8:45pm
Hi cools. Had metal detectors for a few years now. Bit scared going out on my own. Don't like people pestering me. Like to get out thou and get exploring.
Keep in touch the mole
Posted By: cools Re: Finds of today - 10th Oct 2015 9:59am
Hi Mole, nice to find another detectorist on here. What make do you have? Have you found anything good ?
Posted By: jeremycorbon Re: Finds of today - 26th Sep 2016 10:51pm
do you want to sell your detector? If yes what make is it etc....If no you will have a great time just wrap up well and wear good waterproof gloves because if you go out in the bad weather you wont see many people around, cheers
© Wirral-Wikiwirral