Forums
Posted By: cools This mornings finds - 13th Sep 2015 12:29pm
Been out for an hour this morning , nothing good found again except I found a £1 coin. That's good for me as only found two p and one ps before. Found two one ps today. Anyway thought I'd bore you with them,lol.

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: cools Re: This mornings finds - 13th Sep 2015 12:34pm
While looking for metal came across line of bricks , as I grew up in area and knew what was there before ,shops etc I thought it was an old cobblestone. Brought one home for sentimental reasons but now not so sure it's that old. Anybody guess how old it is?

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: chriskay Re: This mornings finds - 13th Sep 2015 1:11pm
Bricks like this have been around for ages. They were often used where good drainage was important. They were often made with six or eight segments. In the trade they were called stable yard cobblers.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: This mornings finds - 13th Sep 2015 1:11pm
It looks very much like an old paving brick. Wallasey had lots of them moons ago. A lot were the zig-zag diamond pattern. Looked like the same stuff as an engineering blue brick.

Thanks for the pics of your finds. Interesting stuff.
Posted By: cools Re: This mornings finds - 13th Sep 2015 1:17pm
Thanks Pinz and Chris, your mention if used in stable Chris makes sense. As I seem to remember there being some kind of business that had used horses at one time . It was like a yard ,set back . Maybe abit like stepto and sons yard...
Posted By: x_plore Re: This mornings finds - 14th Sep 2015 11:53pm
Great stuff cools...glad your finding stuff. its all history and interesting!! well done!
Posted By: cools Re: This mornings finds - 15th Sep 2015 8:09am
Thanks X-plore, the ground is quite easy to dig at moment because of the rain not so hard on the old back haha. Thought I had found a cartwheel when I came across that round thing.Listen to me been watching too many MD vids lol....
Posted By: Gibbo Re: This mornings finds - 15th Sep 2015 12:44pm
If you've got transport I've heard a tipoff that there's some development going on near Plumley and the workmen are finding all sorts in the fields.
Posted By: x_plore Re: This mornings finds - 21st Sep 2015 10:51am
sounds interesting Gibbo, unfortunately i have a lot on in work at the moment so would be unable to have a look, thanks for the info though smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral