Forums
Posted By: cools My rubbish finds - 10th May 2015 12:59pm
Well been on the old shore by me today metal detecting, found nothing of interest really but thought I'd better put something up show you I am still trying. Thought I'd come across a treasure chest when I found the round handle thing , lol. There is an old boat on the shore so me thinks a lot of came off that. Oh well onwards and upwards!
Posted By: cools Re: My rubbish finds - 10th May 2015 12:59pm
Oh oh pic hasn't come on , I'll try again.....
Posted By: cools Re: My rubbish finds - 10th May 2015 1:09pm
Try again...

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: missmahjong Re: My rubbish finds - 10th May 2015 1:18pm
Well Done Cools , looks like Nails ,A lock , A rope tie loop, and the other things to me look 'Scaffolding fixing clamps' maybe ..
Posted By: Raven61 Re: My rubbish finds - 10th May 2015 2:07pm
The bolts could be off old groynes.
Posted By: snowhite Re: My rubbish finds - 10th May 2015 2:58pm
Good find Cools.
Missm could be right,It does look like off old scaffolding bits and peices.
Weather will be improving this week so hopefully you will get out and about to do your searching xx
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: My rubbish finds - 10th May 2015 4:02pm
Four tooth lock washers per bolt is unusual it would imply five layers of wood but I guess they have just been used for three layers (post with a plank either side) and put unnecessary toothed washers behind the square washers.
Posted By: cools Re: My rubbish finds - 10th May 2015 4:29pm
Thanks peeps . So is that what those bolts are from, scaffolding?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: My rubbish finds - 10th May 2015 7:32pm
Definitely not scaffolding, unless its wooden scaffolding.
Posted By: dustymclean Re: My rubbish finds - 10th May 2015 8:07pm
The article below the lock looks like a rowing boat rollick, if it was opened up to a U shape.
Posted By: cools Re: My rubbish finds - 10th May 2015 8:14pm
Yeah I agree Dusty, as I said think it's all off this old boat that been left on beach.
Posted By: Dilly Re: My rubbish finds - 10th May 2015 8:18pm
It is a pipe clip, the type used to secure the likes of old central heating pipes.
Posted By: clung22 Re: My rubbish finds - 10th May 2015 8:18pm
Hi all. could They be off the great eastern it was broke down there.
Posted By: Dilly Re: My rubbish finds - 10th May 2015 8:27pm
No matter what you find Cools a find is a find so keep it up and I'm sure you will soon be digging up something that makes you smile. Meanwhile keep posting you finds for us all to try to identify.
Posted By: cools Re: My rubbish finds - 10th May 2015 8:31pm
Thanks for the encouragement Dilly. Building up quite a scrapyard in my back..
Posted By: cools Re: My rubbish finds - 10th May 2015 8:45pm
That was the other shore , by the esplanade where the Great Eastern was broken up I think Clung. I would gave been pleased if it had of been, I little bit of history..
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: My rubbish finds - 10th May 2015 9:43pm
Hey Cools, your so called 'rubbish finds' are certainly interesting to us Wiki Peeps. Nice one, you. x

(Well done, keep it up)sounds a bit patronising and teacher-like in my book)
Posted By: cools Re: My rubbish finds - 10th May 2015 9:50pm
Thanks Rude. I welcome any comments, even told myself must try harder .lol.i will keep going x
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: My rubbish finds - 10th May 2015 9:53pm
So you must, the 'prizes' will soon be yours x
Posted By: rocks Re: My rubbish finds - 10th May 2015 10:04pm
well done cools keep posting what you find smile x
Posted By: fish5133 Re: My rubbish finds - 11th May 2015 7:37pm
think digging deeper is nearer on those bolt things. They are toothed plate connectors used when joining several timbers together. Possibly from formwork when placing concrete or baulk timbers edging slipways or making timber beams or pillars
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: My rubbish finds - 11th May 2015 8:21pm
I think Dilly's correct,it looks like a munsen ring.
Posted By: linuxfanatik Re: My rubbish finds - 15th May 2015 8:43pm
Be very careful if you see rusty handles in the pebbles - Its still possible to pull up an unexploded Mine or bomb from the Second World War! Jerry used to drop the surplus stuff in the river in the hopes of blowing up some unfortunate Liverpudlian or Seacombeite! frown Linuxfanatik
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: My rubbish finds - 15th May 2015 8:49pm
Originally Posted by linuxfanatik
Be very careful if you see rusty handles in the pebbles - Its still possible to pull up an unexploded Mine or bomb from the Second World War! Jerry used to drop the surplus stuff in the river in the hopes of blowing up some unfortunate Liverpudlian or Seacombeite! frown Linuxfanatik
Very true. My Grandad (nearly 95 years old) has told me about un-exploded hand grenades being flung in the Mersey, post war.
Posted By: cools Re: My rubbish finds - 15th May 2015 8:58pm
Thanks for the warning folks. That would be my luck, blowing myself up. I must admit when I do come across a big chunk of metal I always think is it a bomb. I will be careful, don't want to go out with a bang....
Posted By: x_plore Re: My rubbish finds - 16th May 2015 11:53am
Well done cools and thanks for posting up some pics smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral