Forums
Posted By: x_plore March finds 2015 - 2nd Apr 2015 11:19am
Wasn't out much this month as I started a new job. Found a really nice silver shilling which I am really happy with smile

Cattle tag and a bag seal

[Linked Image]

1987 pigeon ring

[Linked Image]

Was told this is a ball pommel from the handle of a dagger 1670-1720

[Linked Image]

Some old coinage

[Linked Image]

1917 silver three pence

[Linked Image]

And my favourite.... 1891 jubilee head silver shilling

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thanks for looking smile
Posted By: Dilly Re: March finds 2015 - 2nd Apr 2015 11:29am
Keep at Xplore and one day you will hit the big pot of gold. Good luck.
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: March finds 2015 - 2nd Apr 2015 11:29am
I bet whoever lost the shilling was miffed at the time. It's in great condition, thanks for sharing.
Posted By: cools Re: March finds 2015 - 2nd Apr 2015 12:58pm
Oh that's a nice silver shilling Xplore. Must say my poor detector is sitting forlornly waiting to go out. Had my baby grandson to look after because mum is on crutches so not mobile enough.Love having him but doesn't leave much time for Hobbies. Will get out over this weekend tho I never find anything but practice is good..
Posted By: snowhite Re: March finds 2015 - 2nd Apr 2015 1:56pm
Originally Posted by cools
Oh that's a nice silver shilling Xplore. Must say my poor detector is sitting forlornly waiting to go out. Had my baby grandson to look after because mum is on crutches so not mobile enough.Love having him but doesn't leave much time for Hobbies. Will get out over this weekend tho I never find anything but practice is good..
Pity your grandson wasnt a bit older you could have taken him with you to metal detect i bet he would enjoy it.
You still got plenty time to get out and find some goodies,
Hope your mum gets better soon xx
Thanks for sharing yourfinds X-plore.Hope you are ok also.
Happy easter to you both xx
Posted By: cools Re: March finds 2015 - 2nd Apr 2015 3:05pm
Thanks Snowy it's his mummy who is laid up, he's only 14 months old so yeah taking him not good idea. Yeah as you say plenty of other times to come, just went down the old shore because weather is so nice and had a quick go .Nought!! As usual. I think these you tube videos lie Xplore, I watch them and they hear signal ,one spadeful and there's the coin or ring lying there for all to see, come home with pocketfuls of coins. I hea signal dig like I,m going to come up in Australia and still Nought!! Still not going to let it stop me!
Posted By: cools Re: March finds 2015 - 2nd Apr 2015 3:05pm
Happy Easter to you too Snowyx
Posted By: x_plore Re: March finds 2015 - 23rd Apr 2015 11:01am
Thanks everyone smile

Cools, you need to get yourself on some good land. I've been on digs where I have had lots of coins off 1 field, other times I've been out hours and found nothing. Keep at it, you will find a "hot spot" soon full of old stuff smile
Posted By: cools Re: March finds 2015 - 23rd Apr 2015 11:09am
I am getting better at hitting the targets Xplore, been out a few times and found lots of old cans and twisted metal and even an old 10p. Made up when I find something even if it is rubbish means I'm not digging in wrong place. Yeah I do think I need to find some good spots. Went to West Kirby didn't find anything but enjoyed it. Someone told me it's illegal to metal detect on beachs ,nicely tho told me I should go th Dove Point , Viking stuff found there.
Posted By: x_plore Re: March finds 2015 - 23rd Apr 2015 11:21am
You will have to come out with us sometime cools. Have u found any old pennies and half pennies ?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: March finds 2015 - 23rd Apr 2015 11:59am
Some great finds there explore
Posted By: x_plore Re: March finds 2015 - 23rd Apr 2015 12:18pm
Cheers ste smile
Posted By: Slinky Re: March finds 2015 - 23rd Apr 2015 12:32pm
Wow that's great. Cool hobby!
Posted By: x_plore Re: March finds 2015 - 23rd Apr 2015 5:58pm
Thanks slinky smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral