Forums
Posted By: cools My finds - 23rd Dec 2014 10:52pm
Hi just thought I would update you on my metal detecting. As you know very new to it and have not had much chance to get out and about, lousy weather and myself not being well. Found plenty if old coke cans and even found myself tugging at this piece of metal which turned out to be a pipe running along underground.Yikes! Got a lot to learn. I have found an old. Horse shoe and a silver S initial. I have tried to upload a pic but no success, pretty useless i am ,but I will keep on trying. Looking forward to better weather and better finds.
Posted By: sonylegs Re: My finds - 23rd Dec 2014 11:06pm
That ground must be rather wet this weather, remember me when you strike gold :-)
Posted By: x_plore Re: My finds - 23rd Dec 2014 11:42pm
Hi cools. What I do is upload my pictures to photobucket.com then copy the image URL and paste it into the reply box. Hope this helps. Looking forward to seeing your finds. Haven't been out that much the past few months, but will upload what I've found in the next few days
Posted By: snowhite Re: My finds - 23rd Dec 2014 11:53pm
Or she can become a userplus.much more straightforward.
Posted By: cools Re: My finds - 17th Jan 2015 5:18pm
Please disregard this message if no pic comes through, still messing about trying to upload . Just bear with me.

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: cools Re: My finds - 17th Jan 2015 5:22pm
YEAH!!!! I did it ,so proud of myself. My first uploaded photo. As I say not much to look at but hopefully will get better. I,m really bussing figured it out on my own with the help of Marc and Goldmoon.
Posted By: fillbo Re: My finds - 17th Jan 2015 7:12pm
Originally Posted by cools
YEAH!!!! I did it ,so proud of myself. My first uploaded photo. As I say not much to look at but hopefully will get better. I,m really bussing figured it out on my own with the help of Marc and Goldmoon.

Well done..with the upload smile

do you think the horse shoe had something to do with it whistle
Posted By: cools Re: My finds - 17th Jan 2015 7:49pm
Thanks fillbo. So easy to do most would say but me being more senior should we say, I am being dragged into this techno age kicking and screaming. I have stopped kicking now and trying to keep up,just scream a little now.
Posted By: snowhite Re: My finds - 18th Jan 2015 11:26am
Well done Cools.
As filbo says, Hope the horseshoe brings you good luck. And with your future finds.
Try and give the horseshoe a good clean up and polish.
Posted By: x_plore Re: My finds - 18th Jan 2015 12:11pm
Well done cools! Glad you've managed to get them up smile is the "S" pendant solid silver?
Posted By: cools Re: My finds - 18th Jan 2015 12:56pm
Thanks Xplore, after all that I know not much to see but so pleased with myself.Cracked it now I,ll be showing off my gold coins and Saxon bangles with no bother soon, I wish! Yeah it was hall marked I don't think it had been lost for long as I did,nt have to dig much.My aunts name begins with s so she has it now.
Posted By: cools Re: My finds - 18th Jan 2015 12:57pm
Thanks too Snow , I have it on fence outside hope it brings me luck.
Posted By: cools Re: My finds - 25th Jan 2015 2:15pm
Been out this morning found these bits of metal. I was quite excited by what I thought was a figure holding something but showed them to thus guy who was interested to see if I'd found anything and he thinks it's just Molton metal twisted together . Burst my bubble what do you think it is then folks. I thought I'd got my first good find Xplore.

Posted By: cools Re: My finds - 25th Jan 2015 2:25pm
Some more views

Posted By: x_plore Re: My finds - 25th Jan 2015 2:47pm
I think he was right cools. I get that all the time, and it gives a good signal! Keep at it. I've just got back in from a hunt, didn't get much but was a lovely day for getting out smile
Posted By: snowhite Re: My finds - 25th Jan 2015 3:17pm
Your getting quite a expert now Cools.well done i bet your well pleased. clap
Posted By: cools Re: My finds - 25th Jan 2015 3:38pm
Err don't know about the expert bit Snow, but getting better,thanks.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral