Forums
Posted By: matty389 Bottles bottles bottles - 5th Sep 2014 6:31pm
Ok so here is a few of many bottles that I found while digging a mot pit for a garage in Liverpool we dug easy 10 foot down any how turns out it was on top of a old brewery
Here is a couple of the bottles found although there is a few more

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

One of them still had it's cork in the bottle
Posted By: x_plore Re: Bottles bottles bottles - 5th Sep 2014 7:38pm
Some nice bottles there matty, did you find any stoneware ones?
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Bottles bottles bottles - 5th Sep 2014 8:56pm
They're gorgeous - what a great find!
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Bottles bottles bottles - 6th Sep 2014 2:15am
They're lovely! What beauty we've lost in our buildings, and even in everyday items like these...

It was lucky to find any bottles intact! And even luckier that they were found by people who would appreciate and respect their historical value and not just smash them up!
Posted By: granny Re: Bottles bottles bottles - 6th Sep 2014 8:19am
They are lovely and remind me of bottles found at the Williamson Tunnels in Liverpool. That might give you some idea of age, or maybe you have unearthed another tunnel ! smile
Posted By: Helles Re: Bottles bottles bottles - 6th Sep 2014 11:28am
Loads of beautiful bottles buried on Moreton common. Some came to light when they dug that trench to stop travellers.
Posted By: matty389 Re: Bottles bottles bottles - 7th Sep 2014 9:01am
Granny when I think back it seriously did look ole a tunnel , as it had brick walls deep under ground , ,x no stone ones that I got although I got to the job two threw days after the rest I do know my brother took a few home to place in his kitchen on display , I will ask him to show me what he got and let you know also the guy who owns the land and property had taken some so will also ask him like I say I wasent among the first on the job , but will ask questions and see if anything else was unearthed
Posted By: granny Re: Bottles bottles bottles - 7th Sep 2014 10:26am
If you haven't been to the Williamson Tunnels, I assure you they would not disappoint .
It is still not known where this labyrinth of tunnels extends to.
Maybe these links could be useful to you, should you feel the need to contact them, or wish to know more about the tunnels and their bottles!
Open today 10- 5pm

http://www.williamsontunnels.co.uk/view.php?page=contact

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2342183.stm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21595625

Posted By: matty389 Re: Bottles bottles bottles - 7th Sep 2014 11:47am
Interesting , the bricks of the tunnels on the gallery you showed so match the ones that was in the pit , maybe just maybe , was a tunnel eh
Posted By: matty389 Re: Bottles bottles bottles - 7th Sep 2014 11:48am
It's a shame really because I did have pics on my other phone of the dug whole new phone since then this was a little while ago now
© Wirral-Wikiwirral