Forums
Posted By: x_plore What detector are you using? - 22nd Nov 2013 10:37am
Please use this thread to tell us what detector you are using, how it performs and any recommendations.

I'll start, I use a Garrett Ace 250, I love it! I feel it performs well and has a fast pick up rate. I have found lots of coins and artefacts with this detector, and would definitely recommend it as a starter detector for anyone just getting into the hobby.
Posted By: moretonjeffo Re: What detector are you using? - 22nd Nov 2013 11:50am
as you know xplore im using a teknetiks eurotech at the minute great little machine for the trashy sites where the 250 struggles to recover fast enough although I think the 250 probably goes a bit deeper both great starter machines
Posted By: spider Re: What detector are you using? - 6th Dec 2013 11:24pm
I use a Minelab Explorer SE,great machine,but just don't get enough time to get it out to use.Have not been out this year at all..my brother uses a Minlab too but don't know the model,he like it though.
Posted By: x_plore Re: What detector are you using? - 7th Dec 2013 8:23pm
I started with a minelab musketeer xs pro but couldn't use it! Plus it turned out it didn't work properly lol I cant get out at the minute, and im really missing it.
Posted By: justlooking Re: What detector are you using? - 12th Jun 2014 9:19am
Hello Jeff, hi Laurence, Steve here, I've got a T2 with a13 inch detech coil on it, this is a highly rated machine that retailed for 800 but has been succeeded by the later black T2 SE which just has a boost .mode added that some rate some don't, I'm not impressed with this machine tho, build quality isn't great.When you set it up onin a certain way it has a habit of drifting off what you set, the screen is not very truthful either, that suss people love it and are very successful with it, for me it's crap.Good job I have my trusty Garrett At Pro, in20 years detecting I've not had a machine that I've got on with so well, my c scope R1 was ok, just never felt that good about it, my explorer SE was fine but a bit heavy and overly complex, only my Fisher 1265x was as good to get on with as my Garrett AT Pro.I really love this machine like big time, my finds rates have improved dramatically as Jeff will grudgingly tell you seeing as I'm nicking a lot more of his pound coins when coin shooting.If you can afford one buy one, if your not happy you can always swap it for my T2.

Description: This is my cricket belt buckle, circa 1860
Attached picture 20140611_072417-1.jpg
Attached picture 20140611_191657-1.jpg
Posted By: x_plore Re: What detector are you using? - 12th Jun 2014 10:03am
Good to hear from you Steve. Very in depth history of detectors you've had. Bet Jeff is gutted over the pound coins haha. Just been emailing Jeff about that cricket buckle and the silver coin, they look like brilliant finds, well done lads.

Was also asking Jeff if you still had your pin pointer for sale Steve?
Posted By: moretonjeffo Re: What detector are you using? - 12th Jun 2014 10:10am
ah but you didn't nick them all yesterday steve as I got 1 more than you lol that's the coin I was telling you about and as you can see im now using a minelab Quattro wich is hovering up the silver
Posted By: x_plore Re: What detector are you using? - 12th Jun 2014 10:29am
Its a really nice coin Jeff, and the condition is great!
Posted By: justlooking Re: What detector are you using? - 14th Jun 2014 7:29am
Ha ha Jeff, you keep your pound coins, you know I'm all about the history.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral