Forums
Posted By: jahaja 744 KINGSLAND CABARET CLUB - 3rd Jul 2014 11:17am
Hi everyone, passed the old Kingsland Cabaret Club, Borough Rd, looks really sad all closed up, anyone know if its for sale or rent?, its a great space. who appeared there, does anyone know?
Posted By: lansyp Re: KINGSLAND CABARET CLUB - 3rd Jul 2014 2:40pm
Wow can't believe it's gone I know the family who owned it and never would believed they would let it go
Posted By: jahaja Re: KINGSLAND CABARET CLUB - 3rd Jul 2014 3:56pm
Someone said the family still own it, and its up for sale, but there is nothing up to say who to contact,It would be a real shame to just leave it empty.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: KINGSLAND CABARET CLUB - 3rd Jul 2014 8:36pm
The owners have been looking to sell for a while now. A local community church were looking at it but that didnt come to anything.
Posted By: jahaja Re: KINGSLAND CABARET CLUB - 3rd Jul 2014 11:05pm
its such a big building, it must be difficult to find other uses for it without splitting it all up.
Posted By: joney Re: KINGSLAND CABARET CLUB - 4th Jul 2014 11:23am
Shame! I remember many happy times dancing the night away when it was the Kingsland dance hall. I seem to remember that the entrance was constructed using marble from the fireplace of a mansion that was demolished on the Wirral called Kingsland. It must have been some fireplace.
Posted By: bert1 Re: KINGSLAND CABARET CLUB - 4th Jul 2014 11:31am
Originally Posted by joney
Shame! I remember many happy times dancing the night away when it was the Kingsland dance hall. I seem to remember that the entrance was constructed using marble from the fireplace of a mansion that was demolished on the Wirral called Kingsland. It must have been some fireplace.

Info here Joney,
https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/345600/Re_Some_fireplace.html#Post345600
Posted By: jahaja Re: KINGSLAND CABARET CLUB - 4th Jul 2014 12:00pm
the fireplace is still there, it belonged to Thomas Ismay of the white star line.
Posted By: joney Re: KINGSLAND CABARET CLUB - 5th Jul 2014 9:30am
Good inf0 Bert great pictures. Looking at the picture of the Kingsland it seems that the entrance has been altered since I knew it. Has the top part has been boxed in?. So much for modernisation.
Posted By: Bizzybee1 Re: KINGSLAND CABARET CLUB - 5th Jul 2014 11:33am
Originally Posted by jahaja
Someone said the family still own it, and its up for sale, but there is nothing up to say who to contact,It would be a real shame to just leave it empty.

Wasn't it once owned by Terry Lyons? He used to have the Top Twenty cafe opposite The Plaza. Ah! they were the days of the 'Topper' mob and teddy boys.....and getting battered. fight
Posted By: firebobby Re: KINGSLAND CABARET CLUB - 4th Oct 2014 7:52pm
Terry Lyons also had the concession for the snack bars on the Mersey ferries and both New Brighton and New Ferry baths.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral