Forums
Bakers Arms 184/6 Claughton Road and 103 Exmouth st

Attached picture Bakers ARMS.png
Have you seen this site Derek?
http://wiki.sepe.org.uk/index.php?title=Place:Birkenhead_Registration_District,_1891_Census_Street_Index_P-R
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 118 Bakers Arms186 Claughton Road 103 Exmouth st - 24th Oct 2013 9:11pm
Hands up who recognised the "Thorn Alpha 1" lantern on the streetlamp outside the pub!

Ermmmmmm.......??

Nurse !
Insulators.. now lanterns.. more meds required :-)
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
Hands up who recognised the "Thorn Alpha 1" lantern on the streetlamp outside the pub!

Too obvious: but what about the second tall chimney pot in on the front stack? A Grandsley-Furlow IIIb, 1876 if I'm not mistaken. Only 50 of them ever made.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 118 Bakers Arms186 Claughton Road 103 Exmouth st - 25th Oct 2013 3:38am
Originally Posted by chriskay
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer

Too obvious: but what about the second tall chimney pot in on the front stack? A Grandsley-Furlow IIIb, 1876 if I'm not mistaken. Only 50 of them ever made.

I'm most impressed Chris. Have a cigar ! There's me thinking it was a Nunky & Grotts "Imperial", The shame, oh the shame. My street cred has just gone down the pan!
I've been looking out for a pic of this place for ages as my dad tells me so many stories about it. My nan worked the bar and that is how he met my mother. I knew where it was and always tried to imagine what it looked like. Printed and framed me thinks. Thanks a million derekdwc
© Wirral-Wikiwirral