Forums
Posted By: Anonymous 537. Moreton Arms - 9th Sep 2012 4:35pm
Anyone else heard about the Moreton Arms pub being knocked down to make a Morissons store?
Posted By: sunnyside Re: 537. Moreton Arms - 9th Sep 2012 5:12pm
surely, we have enough supermarkets and convienience stores, we are saturated with them, to overload levels, we only have so much expendable income more shops means money spread more widely and thinly, surely...
Posted By: Salmon Re: 537. Moreton Arms - 9th Sep 2012 5:29pm
If true than it really is madness, Moreton already has 2 Tesco express stores, Cool Trader, Co-op, Iceland, Aldi and a Spar right opposite the Morton(always hated the incorret spelling) Arms plus at least 3 other convenience stores.
Posted By: Henderson13 Re: 537. Moreton Arms - 10th Sep 2012 12:06pm
Didn't know that, And agree it would add to the ridiculous amount of convience stores we already have in moreton.

The Arms wasn't a bad pub, I remember when i moved to Moreton (about 7 years ago). drank in there a fwe times, was decent pint and usually all the old codgers in there where a good laugh!

Sad times!
Posted By: buddy Re: 537. Moreton Arms - 10th Sep 2012 1:12pm
Sad news:-

I remember the Morton arms being built (about 1958) in fact I was one of it's first barmen (part time)

Great pub in the 60's and the manager then was Johnny Connor a great character
Posted By: kevinhit Re: 537. Moreton Arms - 11th Sep 2012 9:34pm
Ive always thought Moreton had a good range of shops, to add another on the outer edge would probably take 'some' trade from the traders already there.
Posted By: RedLance Re: 537. Moreton Arms - 12th Sep 2012 7:35am
The first pub I drank in, good memories.
Another good pub gone.
Posted By: devilwoman Re: 537. Moreton Arms - 12th Sep 2012 6:25pm
i was told today it is going to be a morrisons petrol station.
Posted By: inatimate1 Re: 537. Moreton Arms - 7th Jun 2015 6:47pm
One of the only pubs where I managed to win the jackpot on a quiz machine. It's now called "Plumbing World" with a cafe attached
© Wirral-Wikiwirral