Forums
Posted By: sunnyside bars/clubs - 11th Feb 2012 2:09pm
anyone remember the golden guinea new brighton
the late extra the sneak in the belgravia hotel -singles club
any pics or memories please sue
Posted By: jaki1 Re: bars/clubs - 11th Feb 2012 2:12pm
oh my god . remember them all. we used to have some good times at the late and the bell. after hours drinking haha. they never used to close
Posted By: sunnyside Re: bars/clubs - 11th Feb 2012 2:20pm
remember the bar on the pier any pics?
the majestic ballroom conway street
flee pit cinema conway street ruperts club argyle st
grapes hotel behind hamilton sq for late drink
the bakers arms grange rd was it were mcdonalds is now
Posted By: Moonstar Re: bars/clubs - 11th Feb 2012 3:29pm
Before it was the Golden Guinea it was the Kraal.
Posted By: karenjon Re: bars/clubs - 11th Feb 2012 3:38pm
anyone remember the silver slipper or the caves
there was one which we called the cracker which was open later than all the others
Posted By: Quank Re: bars/clubs - 11th Feb 2012 4:47pm
I remember the silver slipper, i think it was above the co-op on Victoria Road. Also Billy Blues on Rowson Street, and THe Creep under the Palace Fairground
Posted By: jaki1 Re: bars/clubs - 11th Feb 2012 5:06pm
the creep, remember it well. the floors were always wet and water used to run dowm the walls.
Posted By: julie253 Re: bars/clubs - 14th Feb 2012 4:41pm
What about Christies in Liscard, above the old bingo hall? Anybody remember that?
I used to go every week but it was probably the only place where I could get in cos I looked young for my age!!
Posted By: derekdwc Re: bars/clubs - 14th Feb 2012 5:58pm
Originally Posted by karenjon
anyone remember the silver slipper or the caves
there was one which we called the cracker which was open later than all the others

I think the Crackers was the club all the bouncers used to go to after the other clubs closed for the night.

The Bakers Arms was top of exmouth St, The Grange was the pub where MacDonalds is now
Posted By: hoseman Re: bars/clubs - 14th Feb 2012 6:09pm
I was in there every week, mid 80`s, must have fallen over you there! remember the stairs directly as you went in.....Bloody dangerous when you were sober nevermind blitzed!!!
Remember you could gain access to the wedding gown shop next door thru one of the side doors if you put your shoulder against it and it wasnt alarmed!!!! LOL
Posted By: saltytom Re: bars/clubs - 14th Feb 2012 6:34pm
What about Gullys Wood in Wallasey Village
© Wirral-Wikiwirral