Forums
Posted By: derekdwc 276 Rock Villa Hotel Ltd 329 Old Chester Road - 18th Aug 2011 10:13pm
276 Rock Villa Hotel Ltd 329 Old Chester Road

Attached picture The Rock Villa 2 [1600x1200].JPG
Attached picture The Rock Villa [1600x1200].JPG
I remember this pub. But - strange - we always referred to it as The Rockville. Until I saw this pic I never realised what the correct name was.

I think I first met my first wife in there.

has been boarded up for about 4 months .. went past there today an upholstery van . and builders where there ..think it could be opening back up
Posted By: TheDr Re: 276 Rock Villa Hotel Ltd 329 Old Chester Road - 11th Dec 2011 4:00pm
Vans/builders have been in and out of there for the last couple of weeks.

I was waiting for one of the For Sale/To Let signs to go up but nothing appeared.
thats round the corner from me and when it was open the fag ends were piled up everywhere hope it becomes a nice pub as it was a bit rough before.
Posted By: Norton Re: 276 Rock Villa Hotel Ltd 329 Old Chester Road - 19th Sep 2012 10:00pm
I'm pleased to report that it is still open as a pub.

People were outside on the benches enjoying a drink in the sunshine this afternoon.
Posted By: TheDr Re: 276 Rock Villa Hotel Ltd 329 Old Chester Road - 19th Sep 2012 11:35pm
The Rock Villa has been back open for a while now.

The Fairfield however has been steel sheeted closed again.
The Rock Villa (Rockville) is now "The Hair & Beauty Hub"
The Rock Villa (Rockville) is being turned back into a pub again, the building has been done up (very nicely outside) and a license was applied for last month (11th June).
The Rock Villa has put in a planning application to convert the first floor into eight one-bed apartments. https://online.wirral.gov.uk/planning/index.html?fa=getApplication&id=226284
Posted By: ap493 Re: 276 Rock Villa Hotel Ltd 329 Old Chester Road - 5th Aug 2023 2:22pm
Cutting about the demolition of the old Rock Villa hotel, in 1936. That part of Rock Ferry was one of the first to be developed in the 1830s and 40s, at the same time as Rock Park but on a more modest scale.

Attached picture 1936_rockvilla.jpg
© Wirral-Wikiwirral