Forums
Posted By: hoseman POOL INN, WALLASEY - 22nd Aug 2010 7:30am
This old pub now in the process of being demolished, roof off already and getting gutted!!
Another one in the can for our glorious council.
Whats to replace it tho....Not another bloody tescos i hope!!!

Posted By: Anonymous Re: POOL INN, WALLASEY - 22nd Aug 2010 10:00am
Maybe we could start a competition. Name the last remaining pub on the Wirral !!!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: POOL INN, WALLASEY - 22nd Aug 2010 3:13pm
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
Maybe we could start a competition. Name the last remaining pub on the Wirral !!!
Don't you mean the nearest pub to the Wirral?
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: POOL INN, WALLASEY - 22nd Aug 2010 5:37pm
my local. the lighthouse.
Posted By: hoseman Re: POOL INN, WALLASEY - 24th Aug 2010 6:16am
We could run a pool, who can guess the LAST historic building standing......BEFORE its pulled down by this council.
1st prize to the winner...A sit in on demo day!!!
Posted By: Tatey Re: POOL INN, WALLASEY - 24th Aug 2010 10:19am
Surely the council don't pull them down, but the owners/brewery/conglomerate. If we want to save them, we have to buy,staff & run them & try & make a profit & I don't have any money!
Posted By: hoseman Re: POOL INN, WALLASEY - 28th Aug 2010 12:47pm
May as well close down this post....Pool Inn is no more, just rubble, someone was in a hurry, prob didnt have permission...LOL!! cry
Yet another historic building on Wirral has met its match with ther demo boys!!!
Posted By: hoseman Re: POOL INN, WALLASEY - 28th Aug 2010 12:48pm
The council still have to give permission dont they, their say so, so they are to blame!! My logic!
Our council have VERY well greased hands methinks!!!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: POOL INN, WALLASEY - 28th Aug 2010 1:53pm
To demolish a building you have to notify Building Regs to ensure you are going to do it in a safe manner, the council can't refuse if there are no conservation/protection orders/listings of any sort.

The developers have so far not applied for any planning permission as to what they intend to do with the site. That seems to be the normal way of doing these days - I guess because development on a waste piece of empty ground has less trouble with planning permission than replacing an existent property.
Posted By: hoseman Re: POOL INN, WALLASEY - 28th Aug 2010 3:38pm
I agree mate, so easy to build on waste ground, so much of it when our historic buildings are flattened! Bet its not waste ground for long, prime location! Maybe build a PUB!!!!
Posted By: hoseman Re: POOL INN, WALLASEY - 12th Sep 2010 4:52pm
This site may as yet not got planning permission...but IT IS going to be appartments!! Spoke to the demo guys.
Not much of a view yet, but sit on this site until Peel have developed the docks below and it will be worth a fortune!!!
Posted By: jimbob Re: POOL INN, WALLASEY - 12th Sep 2010 7:58pm
Do you mean in 60 years time
Posted By: hoseman Re: POOL INN, WALLASEY - 12th Sep 2010 10:44pm
Be a bit sooner than that mate. Peel estimate 30yrs.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral