Forums
162 Seamus ODonnells Lord Exmouth 82 to 84 Exmouth Street 82/84

Indexed happy

Attached picture Seamus o donnells.jpg
Lord Exmouth ... THE place for lock-ins.
derek you've been busy!!!
LOCK EM ALL UP I SAY, THE ONLY GOOD BOTTLE IS AN EMPTY ONE
i was ther the night the exmouth opened
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 162 Seamus ODonnells Lord Exmouth 82 to 84 Exmouth - 3rd Dec 2009 5:21pm
Originally Posted by Snooze
derek you've been busy!!!

Is he a taxi driver?

Been on long??
I'm not too sure that Seamus ODonnells was built on the spot where the Lord Exmouth pub was

Attached picture Lord Exmouth.jpg
Odonnells is 40 Exmouth St,

unless the street has been renumbered, it isn't.
Looks like the street has been renumbered, perhaps it is on the same site.

Attached picture exm.JPG
The Seamus Odonnell was built further down the street.And the reason the Exmouth had two numbers was the front door had one number and down the entry which is between Marriots yard and the pub was another door which had the other number. You can see from the photo that it was built from two houses 82/84

Overlaying the old map onto current google maps image would indicate it is on the same site...

[Linked Image]
Seamus ODonnells was named The Exmouth when it opened.
The title of the thread says "Lord Exmouth" , so maybe that's a clue Europa1.
Try googleing Lord Exmouth if you want see who he was.Its a good read.
Have not a clue as to what point you are trying to make. I merely said upon being opened the name of Seamus O'Donnell's was The Exmouth.
The name of the pub was Lord Exmouth .
Originally Posted by europa1
Have not a clue as to what point you are trying to make. I merely said upon being opened the name of Seamus O'Donnell's was The Exmouth.

I don't know what Seamus O'Donnell's was first called when it opened.
one of these anyway
1 Seamus O'Donnell's
2 Exmouth
3 Lord Exmouth
Speaking from learned intelligence and history and local knowledge, not just 'I have a computa duh', as most of the people on here seem to be, I can confirm it was indeed called THE EXMOUTH when it opened. Not the 'Lord Exmouth' which was an older pub on a different site. At the time of opening, it was , frequented by men from the fire station.
I have lived on the Wirral for over sixty years and did not migrate here from other parts as most others would appear to have.
Originally Posted by europa1
I can confirm it was indeed called THE EXMOUTH when it opened. Not the 'Lord Exmouth' which was an older pub on a different site. At the time of opening, it was , frequented by men from the fire station.

The old one had long gone by the time this was built at the same time as the rest of the new estate there - it has always been known as the Lord Exmouth - or Lord Eccy - I know where the old one was - but it was gone before my drinking days - which started @35 years ago blush
If you follow this link and click on the map and zoom in, the flag will say Seamus O`Donnels. Which shows it changed its name from LORD EXMOUTH. Shows not only the Name change but indeed the same site/place/abode/residence...!!!

http://www.bdnorthwest.co.uk/company-details.asp?bn=Lord+Exmouth+Hotel&bid=131976

Look here too..
http://www.checksure.biz/company/Lord+Exmouth-nl17359894.htm

I used to pass it on my way to and from work 5 days a week.
Well done zipperclub you seem to have nailed this one well. It is of interest to me because I lived in the original Lord Exmouth from 1932 until 1951.
Yet another one of the pubs I have worked in, had some very late nights in Seamus's, only pub where you you would get more drunk than the customers... those where the days
© Wirral-Wikiwirral