Forums
Posted By: derekdwc 46 Heather Brow 8 Broom Hill Claughton - 25th Mar 2009 1:44pm
46 Heather Brow 8 Broom Hill Claughton

or Claughton Arms 8 Bloom Hill

Indexed happy

Attached picture heather-brow.jpg
Posted By: MerseyMan Re: 46 Heather Brow 8 Broom Hill Claughton - 25th Mar 2009 4:19pm
good little pub, been frequenting there for a good few years now
Posted By: bazzer Re: 46 Heather Brow 8 Broom Hill Claughton - 4th Sep 2009 3:47pm
it was one of the pubs i went in in 70s do they still have the old handle pumps in there .
Posted By: MerseyMan Re: 46 Heather Brow 8 Broom Hill Claughton - 7th Sep 2009 8:45am
They do have handle pumps for the bitter but not old ones though, lovely old building which probably hasn't changed much.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: 46 Heather Brow 8 Broom Hill Claughton - 7th Sep 2009 10:00am
They have all the old bells in there too... but not working. Sometimes go in with my Grandma and Dad.
My Grandma and Grandad used to go there many years ago.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: 46 Heather Brow 8 Broom Hill Claughton - 25th Oct 2011 8:30am
Noticed a for sale sign on this pub last night!
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: 46 Heather Brow 8 Broom Hill Claughton - 25th Oct 2011 8:42am
Used to be good lil pub this smile

Haven't been in for a few years now tho
Posted By: polo_phil Re: 46 Heather Brow 8 Broom Hill Claughton - 25th Oct 2011 8:45am
I really like it! smile
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: 46 Heather Brow 8 Broom Hill Claughton - 25th Oct 2011 8:49am
Shame that there is a for sale post frown

I hate all this ownerchange!
Posted By: marty99fred Re: 46 Heather Brow 8 Broom Hill Claughton - 26th Oct 2011 8:47pm
Reckon this was the first ever pub I went in - at the age of 11. My dad used to go for a pint there with his mates, but I always had to sit on a stool outside the door with a bottle of pop and some crisps - no 'child-friendly' pubs in those days! When Celtic played in the European Cup Final in 1967, however, the boss propped open the door to the lounge and allowed me to sit just inside the doorway, so I could watch the match on the TV in the far corner of the room; can't say I could really see much at that distance though...
Posted By: anothertrappers Re: 46 Heather Brow 8 Broom Hill Claughton - 12th Dec 2011 10:23am
owners of the heather brow have dismissed the long serving manager and are running the pub now,most of the regulars have deserted the pub as a result so there will be plenty of elbow room at the bar!
Posted By: Icarus Re: 46 Heather Brow 8 Broom Hill Claughton - 25th Jan 2014 1:13am
At one point in time my parents had put in an offer on this pub when it was for sale .....think it was in the 80's ....it was always a nice little pub ...never any trouble associated with it ...think that is why the put in the offer .....sadly they didn't get it .
Posted By: bigpete Re: 46 Heather Brow 8 Broom Hill Claughton - 7th Dec 2015 3:54pm
Now known as 'The Little House'
Posted By: fish5133 Re: 46 Heather Brow 8 Broom Hill Claughton - 7th Dec 2015 11:53pm
The day I finished sixth form and left school at BI we all headed for the Little House and got served. Maybe an excuse for me to go and have a nostalgic final beer.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral