Forums
Posted By: nestonlad 693 : Leighton court in neston - 20th Mar 2009 11:07am
Has anyone got any old photos of leighton court,it shut just as i was old enough to start drinking so i never had the pleasure of a few beers there,cheers

Indexed happy
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Leighton court in neston - 20th Mar 2009 6:35pm
This is the only one I have seen hanging around - but it is 1914 and a bit before the Country Club days.

Description: Leighton Court 1914
Attached picture LeightonCourt1914-c02569.jpg
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Leighton court in neston - 20th Mar 2009 6:43pm
nice pix d.d!
Posted By: Wench Re: Leighton court in neston - 20th Mar 2009 7:10pm
Did that become something like Norwegian Wood or am I thinking of the wrong place?
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Leighton court in neston - 20th Mar 2009 7:15pm
Nah that was on Market Street in Hoylake
Posted By: Wench Re: Leighton court in neston - 20th Mar 2009 7:30pm
Ahhhhhh - it's been a long while since I lived here raftl
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Leighton court in neston - 20th Mar 2009 9:15pm
Originally Posted by PaganJay
Did that become something like Norwegian Wood or am I thinking of the wrong place?

Err - Norwegian Wood was a different sort of club.

Snod
Posted By: Wench Re: Leighton court in neston - 20th Mar 2009 9:42pm
Ahhhhhh - was it the THI of its day??
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Leighton court in neston - 20th Mar 2009 9:52pm
Ahhhhhh - was it the THI of its day??

THI ???? It was a nudist club (etc)
Posted By: Wench Re: Leighton court in neston - 21st Mar 2009 2:55am
If I have to explain THI, you're not old enough to know raftl
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Leighton court in neston - 21st Mar 2009 1:17pm
If I have to explain THI, you're not old enough to know raftl

A LOT older than you Dear

Snod
Posted By: Wench Re: Leighton court in neston - 21st Mar 2009 2:31pm
I know that Snod raftl but I don't want to corrupt your mind any more than it has already been corupted whistle
Posted By: nestonlad Re: Leighton court in neston - 23rd Mar 2009 12:43pm
Thanks to diggingdeeper for the photo
Posted By: daveonline Re: Leighton court in neston - 27th Dec 2010 9:46am
I worked in Leighton Court as DJ in 1980 There was a place called Westwood-Grange too ,there is also other pics
Posted By: bert1 Re: Leighton court in neston - 27th Dec 2010 10:18am
Some info on Leighton court

http://www.daveonline.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=73

The Westwood grange still exists, i think its now just called The Grange Country club, I was there not long ago in the Westwood Suite.

The Norwegian Wood, i done a job in there years ago and trust my luck it was full of men.
Posted By: Historybook Re: Leighton court in neston - 27th Dec 2010 11:02am
I remember wondering round the outside of leighton court about six months after it closed and was put out by how much it had deteriorated.

A friend had his 21st there, but i was too young to go as he was quite a few years older than i was, i think the last time i went (Xmas)we couldn't get in so we went to the Grange instead, it closed sometime in the new year.

Also a very good friend of mine broke his leg and used to go past on his crutches every day for his paper, he watched them knock the place down and put up shuttering ect to start building the houses !.

Time line going from memory...

I would think the Xmas i mentioned must have been 1982, and when i looked round at the dereliction was late summer 1983.
After a quick text message...my friend said he broke his leg the weekend of the Herald of Free Enterprise disaster, so it got knocked down in the weeks after !.

Sorry for being boreing....i'll get my coat !.

Posted By: delerious Re: Leighton court in neston - 27th Dec 2010 1:26pm
Blimey - Leighton Court and the Grange - nows theres a blast from the past! Ye Olde stomping grounds - still have fond memories of boogying to Kool & the Gang and Luther van dross .......... shame to know the places no longer exist!
Posted By: davewakeman Re: Leighton court in neston - 7th May 2019 12:18pm
I have uploaded a copy of an original DJ tape to Mixcloud recorded in 1980 , restored and uploaded , have a look on mix cloud under my name daveonline.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral