Forums
461 Collingwood, 19 Black Horse Hill, West Kirby

This was called the "Black Horse" before becoming Collingwood

Indexed happy

Description: Collingwood, Black Horse Hill, West Kirby
Attached picture WestKirbyCollingwoodS8003097s.JPG

Description: Collingwood, Black Horse Hill, West Kirby
Attached picture WestKirbyCollingwoodS8003098s.JPG
Posted By: Norton Re: 461 Collingwood, Black Horse Hill, West Kirby - 23rd Oct 2011 12:18pm
The Black Horse, Black Horse Hill, West Kirby, in 2003. A local landmark, logically named. I don't think they would change the name of the road to 'Collingwood Hill' as easily, though...

Description: The Black Horse, West Kirby. 2003.
Attached picture 461-2003.JPG
Its been closed for quite a while but is just being done up and will open again soon.
This has re-opened and is now called "The Hilltop"
Posted By: Tatey Re: 461 Collingwood, Black Horse Hill, West Kirby - 13th Mar 2012 4:38am
I wonder why "Hilltop" as it is only halfway up & there is a house by that name at the top!
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: 461 Collingwood, Black Horse Hill, West Kirby - 19th Mar 2012 10:04pm
Wha's wrong with the original name, the Black Horse, for goodness sake? Not snobby enough?? (same deal same pub name, in Wallasey Village...?)

I am sick of these philistines, changing pub names at their own whim, don't they have ay respect for history, nor know that in England, people for 100s of years have NAVIGATED by Pub names? "Go past the Black Horse and take the next left, then turn right at the Rose & Crown, then left at the Fox & Hounds"!!
(Ok I made that up but I bet you there there is somewhere in England that would work!)
Looks like it might be getting refurbished again.
Now called "The Viking", more name changes than pints at this place!
"The Viking" (aka Black Horse etc) is now closed with immediate effect.
It was originally called 'The Chesnut Horse' though nobody on here short of a search engine would know that!
The Black Horse/Collingwood/Viking is going to re-open as part of the Leaf chain of cafes which has three cafes in Liverpool
The Chestnut Horse/Black Horse/Hilltop/Collingwood/Viking has just opened as Leaf West Kirby.

Are we having a sweepstake for its next name? I'm voting for "The Confusion Free House" (think about it).
© Wirral-Wikiwirral