Forums
Posted By: derekdwc 680 Travellers Rest Rowson Street Wallasey - 1st Mar 2009 4:34pm
680 Travellers Rest Rowson Street Wallasey

Indexed happy

Attached picture Travellers Rest  Rowson Street  Wallasey.jpg
Posted By: polo_phil Re: 680 Travellers Rest Rowson Street Wallasey - 24th Mar 2011 10:10am
Apparently Darcy's is reopening tonight and has been renamed Lacy's...
Posted By: delta6 Re: 680 Travellers Rest Rowson Street Wallasey - 24th Mar 2011 10:31am
Lacy's used to be where Peggy Gadflys is now didnt it?
spent many an underage night in there (very early 90s) before going to the chelsea (sometimes in a suit!!!!!)
they were the days!
drinking moosehead lager at 90p a pint!
i remember a great argument in there with the manager, regarding not serving us as we looked like travellers.......i shit ye not !
Posted By: kimpri Re: 680 Travellers Rest Rowson Street Wallasey - 24th Mar 2011 5:50pm
Originally Posted by jabber
i remember a great argument in there with the manager, regarding not serving us as we looked like travellers.......i shit ye not !
jabber, you do mate wink
i know laffin

but the sign says travellers rest and they refused to serve us, even after we politely showed them we were "local people"
Well this is going to get interesting, both Travellers Rest and Darcy's have been knocked down.

Wetherspoons applied to knock it down and redvelop but got refused, they have two other applications (under 3-5 Union Terrace) to develop create links into this building.

As demolition does not need planning approval and the building isn't listed, they do not need planning permission to demolish.
Wetherspoons are now walking away from this development, leaving the site in a holy mess, effectively forcing the Council to give planning permission for anything to be built in its place.

When you consider The Queens is also to be demolished, the Grand Hotel has already been demolished, the Travellers rest is already demolished, the Palace Arcade is to be demolished it looks like any semblence to a seaside resort is to be removed and some monstrous development will take place along the full stretch.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral