Forums
672 Hollins Hey Hotel 191 Victoria Road Wallasey

Indexed happy

Attached picture Hollins Hey Hotel  191 Victoria Road  Wallasey.jpg
Idon't remember that. What did the building USED to be?
Well what i believe cause the place has its few share of ghosties i recon it was an old peoples home. happy
Originally Posted by SoundLad
Well what i believe cause the place has its few share of ghosties

Any thread on that?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 672 Hollins Hey Hotel 191 Victoria Road Wallasey - 13th Jun 2009 1:51pm
Short history -

The Hollins Hey was built in 1870 and was originally called 'Hollins Hey'. Peter Wright, an attorney by profesion, and Clerk of the Peace for Liverpool (1844-77) resided at Hollins Hey. His third son, Albert Wright, was quite prominent in Wallasey as he held many government posts including being elected as Alderman. He also establised the Wallasey Central Library (Earlston).

As for the building it was later renamed 'Wirral Court Hotel' but the name was reverted in the mid 1990s to Hollins Hey Hotel.
ThanksPaul.
The Hollins Hey Hotel has a planning application in to demolish the existing building and replace it with 14 apartments.

https://planning.wirral.gov.uk/onli...b=summary&keyVal=_WIRRA_DCAPR_102590
It was a private dwelling and, like a lot of Wallasey mansions, it was empty and fell into disrepair by the late 1960s. I went over it at this time.
Originally Posted by tigertiger1953
It was a private dwelling and, like a lot of Wallasey mansions, it was empty and fell into disrepair by the late 1960s. I went over it at this time.

Just to clarify, it was done up and is still open as a hotel and restaurant, the owner has put in the planning permission to increase the value of his property.
i attended a few functions - mainly funerals - when it became the Hollins Hey. When I was over it as a derelict house in the 1960s I remember a firplace in the right hand ground floor lounge with two beautiful decorated plates set into it. Not sure if this survived the refurbishment.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral