Forums
Posted By: derekdwc 587 Ship Inn, Breck Road Wallasey - 26th Feb 2009 1:30pm
587 Ship Inn, Breck Road Wallasey

Indexed happy

Attached picture Ship Inn Breck Road Wallasey_b.jpg
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: 587 Ship Inn, Breck Road Wallasey - 25th Jun 2010 1:26am
Does anyone know when this pub (present building) was built?
Posted By: Helles Re: 587 Ship Inn, Breck Road Wallasey - 25th Jun 2010 9:36am
Originally Posted by CVCVCV
Does anyone know when this pub (present building) was built?

No but there has been a pub there for a long time. I think one landlord was once accused (convicted?) of killing a customs man. In the days of cutlasses and flintlocks I assume? Might be way off base but possibly the victim was disappeared on Bidston Moss?

Own fault really as customs should keep their noses out of the Wallasey smuggling and wrecking company (Ltd).
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 587 Ship Inn, Breck Road Wallasey - 25th Jun 2010 12:09pm
circa built 1850
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: 587 Ship Inn, Breck Road Wallasey - 25th Jun 2010 1:49pm
Thanks chaps!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: 587 Ship Inn, Breck Road Wallasey - 25th Jun 2010 2:58pm
It was there in 1842 so possibly earlier.
Posted By: Snickas Re: 587 Ship Inn, Breck Road Wallasey - 8th Aug 2011 2:08pm
The Ship has some great old photos in there (all around the pub)
There was one i saw yesterday, that was a building with Liverpool Stone on the front and then it had The Ship Inn at the top!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: 587 Ship Inn, Breck Road Wallasey - 8th Aug 2011 2:49pm
Why was it called the ship?
I take it this would of been overlooking the Poole?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 587 Ship Inn, Breck Road Wallasey - 8th Aug 2011 5:38pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Why was it called the ship?
I take it this would of been overlooking the Poole?

Doubt many ships could of fitted in the Pool at that time! Many pubs often had a naval theme. Some named after famous admirals or battles.

Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: 587 Ship Inn, Breck Road Wallasey - 2nd May 2012 1:59pm
My father in law has just taken over the ship. They have a new menu and chef for weekend food. Give it a try!
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: 587 Ship Inn, Breck Road Wallasey - 6th May 2012 10:09pm
Used to go in here around 4 years ago for meals
Now there not very nice atall frown
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: 587 Ship Inn, Breck Road Wallasey - 15th Sep 2017 8:43pm
Application for planning permission to the convert the Ship Inn into a single dwelling house.

SOURCE
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: 587 Ship Inn, Breck Road Wallasey - 18th Jan 2018 7:29pm
The Ship on Breck Road - ripped out and back on the market. Was a great pub back in the day.
Now has Planning Consent for change of use from public house with managers flat to five bedroom detached single dwelling house.

(Nicked images from Facebook)

Attached picture ship 1.jpg
Attached picture ship 2.jpg
Attached picture ship 3.jpg
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: 587 Ship Inn, Breck Road Wallasey - 5th Mar 2019 5:40pm
Yet another planning application has been put in for the Ship Inn. six three-storey townhouses https://planning.wirral.gov.uk/onli...WIRRA_DCAPR_105813&activeTab=summary
Posted By: mikeeb Re: 587 Ship Inn, Breck Road Wallasey - 21st Feb 2021 11:46am
Originally Posted by Snickas
The Ship has some great old photos in there (all around the pub)
There was one i saw yesterday, that was a building with Liverpool Stone on the front and then it had The Ship Inn at the top!

[Linked Image]
© Wirral-Wikiwirral