Forums
Posted By: derekdwc 661 Dog and Gun The Village Lower Bebington - 18th Feb 2009 11:21pm
661 Dog and Gun The Village Lower Bebington
Indexed happy

Attached picture 661 Dog and Shovel The Village Lower Bebington 002.JPG
Attached picture 661 Dog and Shovel The Village Lower Bebington 1.JPG
its was called the dog&gun
posted by PaulWirral

The Dog & Gun is pictured in Bebington Village c1890. It stood at the junction of Townfield Lane and dates back to 1850. Birkenhead Brewery later took over the business, which eventually closed, with the building becoming the Post Office, then a betting shop

Attached picture Dog_and_gun_1890.jpg
Posted By: SteveHs Re: 661 Dog and Gun The Village Lower Bebington - 23rd Dec 2015 7:31pm
I have been watching the development of an old once derelict building on the corner of Townfield Lane and The Village in Bebington and today saw that it was close to completion as flats. With the newly painted walls you can make out (in good light) the over-painted words Dog and Gun. I joined this forum to attempt to research and came across this thread. If I figure it out will upload a quick picture I took on my phone but insufficient resolution to make out the lettering.

Attached picture Dog&Gun.jpg
Slightly off topic, has anyone been to the Dog and Gun in Keswick recently? What used to be a lovely old fashioned Lakeland pub has been totally ruined by a bunch of yuppies with more money than sense, they have turned it into an abomination of a gastro pub that wouldn't be out of place in any city centre, crap beer, crap food and an horrendously garish interior. The locals have deserted the place in droves. Though I suppose if they leave the exterior alone they can bugger up the interior to their hearts content, and they have.
Gutted, my favourite pub in the Lakes.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral