Forums
Posted By: Anonymous 481 Five Bars Rest, Borough Road, Wallasey - 10th Jan 2009 2:34pm
In 2008

[Linked Image]

Indexed happy
Posted By: derekdwc Re: 481 Five Bars Rest, Borough Road, Wallasey - 15th Apr 2011 1:09pm
pic off bezzymate

Description: older pi
Attached picture 5 bars.jpg
Posted By: Tatey Re: 481 Five Bars Rest, Borough Road, Wallasey - 15th Apr 2011 1:28pm
Bents! What a ghastly pint of bitter!
Only if it was badly kept! Not to many "pavement pizzas" outside a Bents pub,but lots near pubs that had the new-fangled lager!
does anyone know anybody on this photo or even when it was taken..
Posted By: sonylegs Re: 481 Five Bars Rest, Borough Road, Wallasey - 26th Dec 2014 11:45pm
Has this closed down again?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: 481 Five Bars Rest, Borough Road, Wallasey - 27th Dec 2014 12:16am
Originally Posted by sonylegs
Has this closed down again?
My dad told me that yes- it is closing down. frown in the New Year.

My dad went the Sandbank and the (old) Five Bars on Christmas Eve- reports that both pubs were empty aka 'dead'.

Such a shame, really is. frown
Posted By: Dilly Re: 481 Five Bars Rest, Borough Road, Wallasey - 27th Dec 2014 3:49am
Yes I was talking to Tommy last week and it is to close in January.
Posted By: Dilly Re: 481 Five Bars Rest, Borough Road, Wallasey - 27th Dec 2014 4:18am
Sad to think that of all the pubs Seacombe had only 2 will be left, The sandbank and The Mona castle (caton's).
Posted By: casper Re: 481 Five Bars Rest, Borough Road, Wallasey - 27th Dec 2014 10:18am
Oh yes, they brought a bitter out called Sargent Major it was vile, I used to drink in the Prince Albert sometimes but mainly Brasseys, good old Birkenhead Brewery, the best pint and a quarter black and tan in Wallasey
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: 481 Five Bars Rest, Borough Road, Wallasey - 27th Dec 2014 8:01pm
Originally Posted by Dilly
Sad to think that of all the pubs Seacombe had only 2 will be left, The sandbank and The Mona castle (caton's).
Catons was busy on Boxing day night, I hear.
Posted By: brazil Re: 481 Five Bars Rest, Borough Road, Wallasey - 27th Dec 2014 8:18pm
My dad and mum drank in the Bee, Float and Brasseys. Finishing in the Mona Castle ( Katon's) with a K I think. After Brasseys was pulled down around about 1989.
Posted By: brazil Re: 481 Five Bars Rest, Borough Road, Wallasey - 27th Dec 2014 8:20pm
My dad and mum drank in the Bee, Float and Brasseys. Finishing in the Mona Castle ( Katon's) with a K I think. After Brasseys was pulled down around about 1989.
Posted By: Dilly Re: 481 Five Bars Rest, Borough Road, Wallasey - 27th Dec 2014 11:56pm
I think it was called Catons after an early owner, with a C I think but could be wrong. smile
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: 481 Five Bars Rest, Borough Road, Wallasey - 28th Dec 2014 1:17am
Originally Posted by Dilly
I think it was called Catons after an early owner, with a C I think but could be wrong. smile
No idea of how it should be spelt, tbh. In writing, i would say Keightons??

Still, in my opinion- an absolute Dive.Would not go there for a night out.

Back in the day- in Seacombe Town- me n Plusone would do La Banque, Five Bars, P.A and then the Leasowe. Plus would win all of the Karaoke Comps and we spend his 'earnings' in Shots at The Labour Club that was opposite the P.A. Happy days smile

Posted By: brazil Re: 481 Five Bars Rest, Borough Road, Wallasey - 5th Jan 2015 8:34pm
Do you remember the police raiding the Mona one Xmas morning at 8am or so and there was a lock in for pensioners!! You couldn't make it up hilarious. laugh
its staying open on restricted hours for a while at the owners request, Tommy has agreed to keep it running
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: 481 Five Bars Rest, Borough Road, Wallasey - 5th Jan 2015 11:03pm
Tommy tries so hard for this community- he really does.
anybody know what happened at the little nelly /

Attached picture little nelly.jpg
Posted By: sonylegs Re: 481 Five Bars Rest, Borough Road, Wallasey - 7th Jan 2015 12:39am
A WIRRAL man remains in hospital after he was assaulted outside a Wallasey pub this afternoon.
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/11705698.Man_in_hospital_after_assault_outside_Wallasey_pub/
account closed by mark for offensive remarks
Posted By: Bizzybee1 Re: 481 Five Bars Rest, Borough Road, Wallasey - 18th Jan 2015 10:28pm
Please do NOT respond to this contributor. He is either a wind-up merchant or off his rocker.

Just check out his first five posts.
Posted By: Mark Re: 481 Five Bars Rest, Borough Road, Wallasey - 19th Jan 2015 1:08am
Originally Posted by johnthegreat
seacombe went down the pan when they started shipping tiprats in from birkenhead

Account Closed
Posted By: eggandchips Re: 481 Five Bars Rest, Borough Road, Wallasey - 14th Feb 2015 11:27am
the five bars is opening for the last time tomorrow, 15/2
a big thanks for tommy jones, for all his hard work
Posted By: eggandchips Re: 481 Five Bars Rest, Borough Road, Wallasey - 15th Sep 2015 10:20am
the five bars is re-opening shortly
Posted By: Dilly Re: 481 Five Bars Rest, Borough Road, Wallasey - 15th Sep 2015 10:22am
[quhote=eggandchips]the five bars is re-opening shortly [/quote]

Like the phoenix from the flame smile
Posted By: Suzie Re: 481 Five Bars Rest, Borough Road, Wallasey - 15th Sep 2015 11:45am
Think this was taken in 1964/5 we as children used to go on charrabang trips from here...this was before the maisonettes in Albion street! Before the old railway line was filled in and when Seacombe Ferry had a huge Christmas tree and New Year celebrations! We used to have our bonfire on the ground opposite the five bars just behind the Leasowe Castle ( I believe there used to be a second hand /auctioneers type shop there ).. Strange how things come full circle my dear friend ended up being the landlady in 1997/8!
amazed it keeps going. staff awful except the blonde girl. susie I think. always pleasant and talkative. she cud pull me anytime lol
out of interest anyone know if she single lol and help appreciated
Originally Posted by stevesumner
Do tell Steve, have you girded your loins and whispered sweet nothings into her shell like yet?
Originally Posted by ludwigvan
Originally Posted by stevesumner
Do tell Steve, have you girded your loins and whispered sweet nothings into her shell like yet?

Working on it lol. so many admirers to get past and bulldog bloke on bar but don't think he her bf. I will succeed
© Wirral-Wikiwirral