Forums
Posted By: j_demo Free: Black Les Paul electric guitar - 11th Jul 2018 6:06pm
I bought this a few years back as a project guitar to do up and i started but never finished.

When i got it initially it wasn't working, the pickups didn't work (the stock DiMarzio pickups were long gone and cheap ones replaced them) so i put an Ibanez INF3 in the neck position and a MightyMite high output one in the bridge and so it at least makes noise now. The only thing is the volume knobs don't work, the tone ones and the pickup selector work fine, just the volume knobs don't work. I'm sure it's an easy fix for someone in the know but hey, it makes noise at full volume, that's what Les Paul's are all about right?

Also the stock tuners were trash and one was seized so i used some that i had lying round (they say 'Gibson Deluxe on them but they're not what they say they are, they work but they're by no means Gibson Deluxe quality)

The strings could also do with a change. I think they're .10's that are on it but equally .09's will work. Anything heavier you'll need to play with the bridge etc.

This would be great for someone who wants to learn.

Also if you wanted to take it to sell on (these go for about 70 quid on eBay when they're fully working but i cba with all the hassle) then i can't stop you but would rather it went to someone who was going to use it, i don't have the space and i have too many guitars as it is so one has to go and this one being the one i play the least then it needs a new home.

Pictures can be seen here: https://imgur.com/gallery/aomQCop

What you see is what you get, no strap, case or anything else, just the guitar.

First come first served, this is also posted to local Reddit subs so if you want it, be quick.

Collection only from CH45 0JW.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Free: Black Les Paul electric guitar - 11th Jul 2018 9:39pm
Provisionally gone, any further claims can go front of the queue if it isn't collected tomorrow.
Posted By: uggla Re: Free: Black Les Paul electric guitar - 12th Jul 2018 1:09pm
Did this go mate.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Free: Black Les Paul electric guitar - 12th Jul 2018 3:40pm
Not yet but they said they'll be here about 6pm for it. There's also a few people on Reddit who commented/messaged me as well so there's a queue of about 5 or 6 now if it doesn't go tonight.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Free: Black Les Paul electric guitar - 12th Jul 2018 5:37pm
Now gone sorry but thanks for the interest.
Posted By: uggla Re: Free: Black Les Paul electric guitar - 13th Jul 2018 11:59am
Np Bud thanks for getting back
© Wirral-Wikiwirral