Forums
Posted By: mickturner where to get cheap carpet - 17th Nov 2017 4:24pm
looking for some good quality carpet just had the shock of my life
for a bedroom carpet 16x12 £850 no chance,when i mean cheap i mean good quality with good underlay.anyone know anywhere
Posted By: Salmon Re: where to get cheap carpet - 17th Nov 2017 5:39pm
I think you have to shop around, there are loads of carpet places round Wirral and only you know what you want.Have you looked at roll ends or offcuts? I guess like every thing else you get what you pay for.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: where to get cheap carpet - 17th Nov 2017 5:50pm
Taffys by Laird street bus depot opposite aldi (if they are still there does from cheap to more expensive....Price varies if you have cheap or better underlay.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: where to get cheap carpet - 17th Nov 2017 6:23pm
Don't fall for the expensive plastic stuff, you can often get 80/20 wool mix which is the best combination (better than 100% wool). If it has a lot of traffic avoid the loop piles and go for a cut pile of one sort or another.

Shop around, there are huge mark-ups and the companies choose the price they sell it at. Carpetworld beat Taffy's hands down on one occasion which was a surprise.
Posted By: venice Re: where to get cheap carpet - 17th Nov 2017 9:27pm
Depends on what you want to spend. I think for a master bedroom you should get a decent enough quality 80/20 one for half that . Its really hard to compare sometimes as shops appear to have the same carpet ,but you find that although they look superficially the same and may be called the same make and colour, they are different weights/quality. Sale reductions, are often from artifically raised prices the month before !

Personally I go to Goodens in Neston. Family run, good choice , no pressure, no commissioned salesmen , and if youre not hell bent on a particular colour or type and choose from rolls they stock in their warehouse away from Neston,they are good value and they usually have some small samples at the front of the shop in a plastic tub ,of left over stock rolls of good carpeting, which are often heavily reduced. Even a non stocked carpet which I chose, was cheaper than Bogans.
Theres always online warehouses too which sell off stocked rolls , but you have to factor in the delivery and fitting.
If it was a spare bedroom hardly ever used, Id just put down anything artificial which looked nice, at the cheapest price as youd probably be sick of the colour and want to change it before it ever wore out.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral