Forums
Posted By: MikeT Pile of wood for bonfire night - 27th Oct 2010 12:46am
Pile of scrap wood to add to your bonfire. Collect from New Brighton. You'll need an estate car or larger.

Txt 07968 422 645. Calls will be ignored.

Would like it collected on or before Sunday 31st.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Pile of wood for bonfire night - 27th Oct 2010 1:41am
Ignored calls. How rude lol.
Posted By: MikeT Re: Pile of wood for bonfire night - 27th Oct 2010 6:30am
Not rude, I'm deaf and can't use a phone. Looking forward to your apology.
Posted By: Archaeo Re: Pile of wood for bonfire night - 27th Oct 2010 8:02am
I'm sure he was joking, hence the lol.
Posted By: bushnut Re: Pile of wood for bonfire night - 27th Oct 2010 2:20pm
Not wanting to be a killjoy, but I am sure people shouldn't be encouraging unofficial bonfires, on advice from Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service and Police. (And yes, I did build many a bonfire when I was younger, but times have changed). I now go to Council fireworks displays which have amazing fireworks, compared to the cr*p on sale for £40+
Posted By: Wheels Re: Pile of wood for bonfire night - 29th Oct 2010 12:21pm
Is the wood not good enough to use?
Posted By: bushnut Re: Pile of wood for bonfire night - 31st Oct 2010 3:07pm
Originally Posted by summer01
good point the fire brigade is thinking of a strike also .

That's London Fire Brigade, not Merseyside.
Posted By: hoseman Re: Pile of wood for bonfire night - 31st Oct 2010 6:42pm
Load next door to me, just had fence done, old one lying in driveway ready to be carted off. PM me for details
Posted By: MikeT Re: Pile of wood for bonfire night - 2nd Nov 2010 6:37am
Wheels: not really. Some good hardwood but mostly cheap cuts.

The wood is now taken. Merseyside Fire Brigade came with a pickup truck and a gang of lads (provided by the council I think) and collected it. The guy from the FB explained that they and the police are doing this to discourage bonfires and are monitoring websites for ads such as mine.

What I wasn't happy about was that they were not honest about it: I had an exchange of texts with someone who I thought was a private individual coming to collect the wood but actually turned out to be the fire brigade. I have no problem with what they are doing but would have preferred them to be upfront about it.

Hoseman: may be worth getting in touch with the Fire Brigade to collect your wood before your local scrotes set fire to it!

Mike
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: Pile of wood for bonfire night - 4th Nov 2010 7:59pm
i have about 30 broken pallets if any one wants them
Posted By: kimpri Re: Pile of wood for bonfire night - 4th Nov 2010 8:16pm
Originally Posted by phalinmegob
i have about 30 broken pallets if any one wants them
Ive got a box of swan vesta do you want them mate! wink

seeyu
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Pile of wood for bonfire night - 4th Nov 2010 8:51pm
If you spot any build up of any bonfire materials, then please contact the Bonfire Removal Service hotline on 0800 731 5958.

http://twitter.com/
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: Pile of wood for bonfire night - 4th Nov 2010 10:46pm
a local builders merchant may be having a large bonfire tommorrow afternoon lol lamethrower
© Wirral-Wikiwirral