Forums
Posted By: Morseman Sky box - 5th Nov 2008 10:12am
Is a sky box any good to anyone or do I throw it on the tip? Also sky remote with it.
Posted By: Wench Re: Sky box - 5th Nov 2008 12:52pm
There's a guy in the Globe or Wallasey News that buys them - usually about £15 - £20. Not much but better than a kick in the 'nads thumbsup
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Sky box - 5th Nov 2008 2:04pm
Whats the model number?

smile
Posted By: Morseman Re: Sky box - 5th Nov 2008 9:15pm
DRX400. Means nothing to me but it wasn't mine anyway.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Sky box - 5th Nov 2008 9:23pm
Amstrad DX 400 ?? the tiny box
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Sky box - 5th Nov 2008 9:47pm
Damn needed a spare part for the DRX500... I will see if the part I need is in the 400.

smile
Posted By: Morseman Re: Sky box - 5th Nov 2008 10:16pm
Well if it is any good you are welcome to it.
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Sky box - 13th Nov 2008 7:32pm
I,ll have it lol \

worth a try ini
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Sky box - 14th Nov 2008 2:33am
Someone needs to join Sky and use my ref number so we both get one of them funky recordy boxes, i only have to pay £99 then for the second one laugh
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Sky box - 14th Nov 2008 2:39am
Izzy are you saying you are a Sky customer, and want' but do not currently have, a Sky+ box?

smile
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Sky box - 14th Nov 2008 2:40am
I am indeed Matty my dear, why you gunna buy me one ? tease
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Sky box - 14th Nov 2008 2:44am
Ill post again tomorrow as my head is a bit tired hehe... but the most you should have to pay as an existing customer is about £49.00 for a Sky+ box. Possibly even get on for free.

How long have you been with them? The longer the better.

There are ways and means with Sky wink
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Sky box - 14th Nov 2008 2:47am
Nah, robbing sods want £99 off me for one, i've tried getting it cheaper but they are having none of it lol been with them over a year now though
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Sky box - 14th Nov 2008 3:44pm
Me 2, £50 for the box £60 for installation
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Sky box - 14th Nov 2008 3:52pm
When i got sky it was only £30 installation, cant belive they are charging £60 now, day light robbery !
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Sky box - 14th Nov 2008 4:31pm
Here is a few tips to help pursuade them:

1. Topup TV and Virgin both have subscription PVR's. Virgin may make you a great offer (wink wink) and Topup TV are currently giving their boxes away for free, with free Setanta Sports for a year. Where is the value in Sky if they are charging you £99 for a Sky+ box? Virgin will easily offer you a V+ box as a new customer for £75. In fact that is the standard price now!! Plus they give new customers a £50 account credit, making the box only £25.00 in reality. YOU CAN GET SKY1 AND SKY NEWS ETC ON VIRGIN AGAIN NOW!! So your not missing out on these quality channels. They have no bargaining tool in that.

2. You have no contract with Sky, but you enjoy their service; however if they cannot offer you Sky+ at a discounted price, then where is the benefit for you, in staying with them, when other companies can? Remind them of this fact.

3. You would of course be happy to sign up for a new 12 month contract in return for a Sky+ box, as you would then be very happy with the service you are getting.

4. If you don't have Sky Talk, Sky Landline or Sky Broadband, and are thinking about getting one of these services, maybe let them know, but you don't want to stay if you can't have a Sky+ box.

5. Don't be afraid to call their bluff; tell them you wish to cancel. They may be able to give you what you want, they may even reduce your monthly cost to £3.00 per month. It is better for them to keep you than you to keep them if they can't make you a decent offer. If at the end of the day they accept your cancellation, you can always phone up and cancel the cancellation the next day lol.

Ive beaten a fair few free Sky+ boxes out of Sky for people, sometimes they have had to pay £49.00 for the box, sometimes they have had to pay installation only, a couple of times they have even paid nout.

I can't believe they still value the product at £100 when I only paid £199 like over 4 years ago, and they are doing HD boxes at £99 now.

The only problem you will have at this time of year, is they are always full of orders in the run up to Xmas, so they will be having to rely on 3rd party installers more, which means they usually charge installation, and are not so keen to give away discounts.

But I am testement to their current "credit crunch retention promotion". I phoned up to cancel a few months back as I have TopUp TV as well and am only at my house 50% of the time and never watch any digital channels anymore, so have no value in paying £21.00 per month for Sky+. The woman asked if she could make me an offer, I agreed, and she offered me what I have, but for £3.00 per month for 6 months. So I agreed. I probably wont keep it after the offer runs out though, one of my reasons why I moved to o2 Broadband, so I have no problems leaving Sky if I can't justify the cost for my usage.

smile
Posted By: daveyboy16 Re: Sky box - 22nd Nov 2008 10:05pm
yeh, say it dont work an asy 4 your money back

What has the most viscosity

Snot ricocheting of a jelly fish !
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Sky box - 22nd Nov 2008 10:22pm
we were £50 one off payment or something like that, for sky+ downstairs and sky upstairs (just standard box)

£48/month + £10 multi-room = £58/month

bloody expensive lol
© Wirral-Wikiwirral