Forums
Posted By: granny When The Light Goes Out - 15th Jan 2019 1:54pm
There's no 'science' category on Wiki .

What will happen if the light of the moon goes out ?

China's moon mission has seen the first seed sprout. IF scientists want to inhabit the moon, covering it in vegetation would put the light out .

It does say in the good book that darkness will cover the earth. Maybe this is why ? but there's also the tides weather and wildlife that would be affected.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-46873526
Posted By: cools Re: When The Light Goes Out - 15th Jan 2019 2:12pm
Trust it to be China, don't think they have a reputation of being environmentally friendly, most probably go on and ruin the moon!
I don't think they should plant anything or do anything to upset the natural balance at all, as you say Granny anything could happen. Maybe being science fiction here and over the top but what a great weapon that would be to have control of the moon, disturbing the world to their benefit.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: When The Light Goes Out - 15th Jan 2019 5:36pm
No atmosphere on the moon, very little water, massive temperature swings, it would take many generations before significant coverage happened, if it was done on the far side of the moon it would make no difference to us anyway. Lunar days are mad as well, 14 days and 14 nights (roughly).

There might be some very narrow belts near the poles that could make it easier but I can't see bulk coverage happening it would be too expensive.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: When The Light Goes Out - 15th Jan 2019 6:17pm
why dont they plant something to compliment the cheese like onions...or maybe crackers
Posted By: casper Re: When The Light Goes Out - 16th Jan 2019 9:11am
Originally Posted by cools
Trust it to be China, don't think they have a reputation of being environmentally friendly, most probably go on and ruin the moon!
I don't think they should plant anything or do anything to upset the natural balance at all, as you say Granny anything could happen. Maybe being science fiction here and over the top but what a great weapon that would be to have control of the moon, disturbing the world to their benefit.

Emperor Ming, its all coming true, I knew those tanners on a Saturday morning were well spent. smile
Posted By: cools Re: When The Light Goes Out - 16th Jan 2019 9:31am
Yep the Saturday rush ,, where's Flash when you need him ha.
Posted By: granny Re: When The Light Goes Out - 16th Jan 2019 11:38am

omg It's having babies now !!
Posted By: cools Re: When The Light Goes Out - 16th Jan 2019 12:48pm
Gulp!!!!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: When The Light Goes Out - 16th Jan 2019 10:46pm
Its dead now after temperature plummeted because of night-time.

Dark side of the moon 1 : Chinese plant 0
© Wirral-Wikiwirral