Forums
Posted By: Moonbeam Peregrine Falcons - 5th Apr 2017 10:35am
For anyone interested in wildlife it's nesting season for urban Peregrines and there are a number of sites with webcams. The one I watch in particular is at Nottingham Trent University and there is usually a very good blog to keep everyone updated. Currently there are four eggs expected to hatch towards the end of April. when they start fledging it's heart in the mouth time.
Posted By: granny Re: Peregrine Falcons - 5th Apr 2017 1:13pm

Thanks for that Moonbeam. Is this the site ?

http://www4.ntu.ac.uk/sustainabilit...=sustainability&utm_source=short_url

Posted By: Moonbeam Re: Peregrine Falcons - 5th Apr 2017 1:58pm
You can access the site from the web address you found. There are also nesting sites at Norwich Cathedral, Bath and Woking. It's fairly quiet at the moment but once the eggs start to hatch you realise the amount of effort the adults make to raise the chicks, but it can be a bit gruesome sometimes when they bring back a kill. There were some stunning photos last year when the chicks fledged and definitely heart in the mouth time. Hope you enjoy watching them.
Posted By: venice Re: Peregrine Falcons - 5th Apr 2017 3:57pm
Wont come up for me. frown
Posted By: granny Re: Peregrine Falcons - 5th Apr 2017 4:15pm
Originally Posted by venice
Wont come up for me. frown

Click on the blank/black screen that shows up, Venice. At the side are choices of 3 different cameras.
Posted By: venice Re: Peregrine Falcons - 5th Apr 2017 6:24pm
Nope ,sadly its having none of it , but thanks anyway.
Posted By: cools Re: Peregrine Falcons - 5th Apr 2017 7:13pm
No I can't get anything either.
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Peregrine Falcons - 5th Apr 2017 7:58pm
fine pour moi
Posted By: Moonbeam Re: Peregrine Falcons - 9th Apr 2017 12:34pm
The best blog and photos for the Peregrine Falcons is actually Sheffield and not Nottingham. My mistake in putting Nottingham. Anyone having trouble accessing the camera I just put Sheffield Peregrines in the search engine.
Posted By: granny Re: Peregrine Falcons - 19th Apr 2017 11:03am

I think she's still sitting on her eggs .

Posted By: Moonbeam Re: Peregrine Falcons - 25th Apr 2017 12:20pm
The first two chicks hatched on 23rd April at Nottingham but I missed it because I was away for the weekend and my tablet wouldn't bring up the live stream, but there is still two to hatch and I've not seen any activity at Sheffield yet.
Posted By: Beethoven Re: Peregrine Falcons - 25th Apr 2017 2:05pm
There used to be peregrine falcons nesting atop the tower at Hamilton square station a few years ago, does anyone know if they're still there.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral