Forums
Posted By: granny Are we ready for Alexa ? - 6th Jan 2017 11:09pm

Are we ? Could life as we know it change for ever ? Might we be tracked on everything we do, might Alex find her way into our homes, without being asked, eventually ? Would you like her to hear you in bed, she might not be able to see in the dark. Could it be the beginning of humans to walk away and go back to the hills and forests where we can't be found ? Will she be a good girl or a bad girl ?

That sounds like the start of a movie, and it could be .

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/138...lexa-do-and-what-services-are-compatible
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Are we ready for Alexa ? - 7th Jan 2017 2:24am
My friends got one and are amazed by it---they think it only works when its switched on???
Definitely not on my shopping list
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Are we ready for Alexa ? - 7th Jan 2017 9:26am
I've got the echo dot which I use for music and to turn the lights on when i'm out, I don't care that It can hear you, as most things in the home track us in someway eg smart Tv knows how long you watch Tv for and what show, your pc keeps track of every website you've been to, even on here mark users smart ads that track you, when you shop by card as well they know what you like and now most of us use Google now or Cortana or have a smart phone.

You may run for the hills but your phones GPS know where to find you wink
Posted By: granny Re: Are we ready for Alexa ? - 8th Jan 2017 12:51am

NO not my phone pet. Tesco PAYG, about 15 yrs old. No one could track that ...could they ?

Does your thing talk to you, Edd. Whisper sweet nothings in your ear, and tell you when you've eaten too much ?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Are we ready for Alexa ? - 8th Jan 2017 4:31pm
I found this an amusing read.

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_be...=newsletters&utm_term=Fcking%20Alexa
Posted By: granny Re: Are we ready for Alexa ? - 8th Jan 2017 6:19pm

There is something very sinister about this. Already mentioned in the past couple of weeks that all this high tech 'Smart' stuff is already open to hacking of just about every thing within the home.

Could Alexa or another little charmer (a Chinese lady), be used for giving unwanted commands and false info by hackers.

I don't understand it all , not even a smidgen, but to have a gadget we can command and control, could easily be reversed and then we are asking for big trouble.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral