Forums
Posted By: venice Pain. - 20th Nov 2016 7:13pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-38044276

This is the photo of little Jessica , a cancer victim who has just died.
Its really upsetting and hard to accept that we have still not got the ability or the right to make sure people , especially chidren, do not have to suffer these levels of pain when they are losing their fight for life. Feel gutted for her and her parents who had to view the situation . Absolutely heart wrenching.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pain. - 20th Nov 2016 9:58pm
Yes Venice, read the statement from her heartbroken father today that she had passed. Its tough alright!!! For anyone, but she was only 4, God bless her.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Pain. - 20th Nov 2016 10:39pm
not just her pain but the choking pain of grief and helplessness in her parents.
not a doctor but is there any reason why she had to be in pain. I thought they could deal with pain in these very sad cases.
Posted By: venice Re: Pain. - 20th Nov 2016 11:30pm
I suspect that we have become such a letigious society that Drs are scared of crossing that line where theres a possibility that they could be sued for administering a little over the amount of drugs that could cause obliviousness to pain but could also hasten death which of course is illegal.

Another reason is the way the system works . The patient sees the consultant who gives permission for painkiller , within a range of min- max which the nurses have to keep within. Its just unfortunate if the patient requires an even higher dose before the consultant can be consulted again for permission . Im sure they do their best to get the permission asap, but Ive seen for myself that that can be quite slow. Then I believe too that you can have situations where patients simply dont respond as they get used to the drug.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Pain. - 21st Nov 2016 12:34am
Its been a terrible year for heart breaking images..the poor little refugee boy washed up on the beach..i choke just typing it. Scores of dead and injured kids in Syria and Palestine. Got to try and focus on the positives. Its amazing how the human spirit can go on.
Posted By: granny Re: Pain. - 21st Nov 2016 8:13am
Originally Posted by fish5133
not just her pain but the choking pain of grief and helplessness in her parents.
not a doctor but is there any reason why she had to be in pain. I thought they could deal with pain in these very sad cases.

Terribly sad, and an unbearable experience for her and her parents.
I don't understand why there was no pain relief either. Usually morphine is administered in such cases and in such bad cases particularly of children, I find it hard to believe they would have to wait for a consultants visit, i.e. if Venice's assumptions are correct. That could take hours!
Whatever, I am quite sure that had there been any inappropriate treatment, her parents would have mentioned it.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral