Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX Cuts to Schools Funding - 11th Nov 2016 10:52pm
Some of you may be interested in this:

England’s schools are now experiencing the largest real terms cuts in funding in more than a generation.

In real terms, schools will lose huge amounts of money rising to £2.5 billion a year by 2020. 92% of schools will have their funding cut.

Enter your postcode on the link below to see how schools in your neighbourhood will be affected.

www.schoolcuts.org.uk

On the page you will find links to email your M.P and/or sign a petition, if you so wish.

smile
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Cuts to Schools Funding - 12th Nov 2016 12:51pm
I suppose it depends if schools have been overfunded for years.a better cost cutting exercise would be to get shut of ofsted and the ancillary private companies who analyse the data. So much of a teachers time is spent form filling at the expense of the childrens education.when they realised they were overloading teachers they brought in classroom assistants but that meant teachers had to manage them. Now you have many teachers off ill being paid as well as temporary staff to pay. Some teachers i have spoken with would take a pay cut if it meant they didnt have to do some of the non teaching stuff.
Might be a blessing in disguise if headteachers will be allowed to drop a lot of stuff....but i doubt it
Posted By: venice Re: Cuts to Schools Funding - 12th Nov 2016 2:38pm
Thanks Rude, very interesting. Ah you may have answered the question I was asking myself fish. I noticed that in lots of cases in areas of the country that Im familiar with, 'outstanding' schools were getting less severe cuts than 'good' ones . I wondered why, but yes I suppose it could be that they had more allowance to start with and its being evened up .
All cuts shocking when education is so important. I believe they should get rid of half of the paperwork too.
Posted By: granny Re: Cuts to Schools Funding - 12th Nov 2016 6:11pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
I suppose it depends if schools have been overfunded for years.a better cost cutting exercise would be to get shut of ofsted and the ancillary private companies who analyse the data. So much of a teachers time is spent form filling at the expense of the childrens education.when they realised they were overloading teachers they brought in classroom assistants but that meant teachers had to manage them. Now you have many teachers off ill being paid as well as temporary staff to pay. Some teachers i have spoken with would take a pay cut if it meant they didnt have to do some of the non teaching stuff.
Might be a blessing in disguise if headteachers will be allowed to drop a lot of stuff....but i doubt it

All part of the EU strategy for 2020.

A key responsibility of institutions to ensure their academic staff are well trained and qualified as professional teacher s and not just qualified in a particular academic subject.

Academic staff are employed not just to teach, but to teach well to a high professional standard.

http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/education_culture/repository/education/library/reports/modernisation_en.pdf

Therefore assuming fewer unqualified, academic staff will be needed, costs will be reduced.

Having entered as many postcodes as I can think of on Wirral, everyone of them is coming up with NO cuts. So I'm not sure of the purpose of this. Maybe someone else has found some promised cuts at their local schools.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Cuts to Schools Funding - 12th Nov 2016 7:04pm
Try CH44. You have to click on the red bubble marked '-£'
Posted By: granny Re: Cuts to Schools Funding - 12th Nov 2016 7:30pm
Oh, sorry. Get it now. My local postcode is £51,500 equivalent to loss of 1 teacher shocked Doesn't mean they will loose a teacher though. Could be 3 teaching assistants.

Bearing in mind that this is just estimated from using the 2015/16 funding as baseline.

If we leave the EU, things might be very different. The EU have a strategy for everything in 2020 which member states more or less have to follow.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Cuts to Schools Funding - 13th Nov 2016 7:08am
£321 loss per pupil for Wirral on average. It would be higher but we have quite a few maintained schools who have a combination of public and private funding, so the public portion has lesser impact, the figures assume the private funding will not also be cut.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral