Forums
Posted By: granny Are Models too thin ? - 22nd Sep 2015 10:36pm
Do you think models are required to be too thin ? Interesting to know the points of view particularly from our Wiki gentleman (well you know what I mean) and why.

Would you prefer

A)

[Linked Image]

B)

[Linked Image]

C)

[Linked Image]

D)

[Linked Image]
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Are Models too thin ? - 23rd Sep 2015 1:16am
Definitely "S" - or my life might be on the line.

Are girls still that influenced by models these days compared with pop-stars, actresses or peers?
Posted By: Dilly Re: Are Models too thin ? - 23rd Sep 2015 3:17am
D or even a bit more natural .
Posted By: casper Re: Are Models too thin ? - 23rd Sep 2015 6:40am
Definitely D, some of these new models are very pretty girls but god bless them so painfully thin, its not natural, if one were our daughter we would be worried for her well being, and Mrs Casper would be wanting to feed her up, at the end of the day we are all different we are what we are, the preoccupation of the young to look like somebody else is frightening yet they all claim to be individuals, the same with style, men's suits always look two sizes to small somewhat like Jethro from the Beverly Hillbillies.
Posted By: Tatey Re: Are Models too thin ? - 23rd Sep 2015 6:46am
"A" please. Pretty please. She looks fine & healthy to me.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Are Models too thin ? - 23rd Sep 2015 7:19am
Every taste is different granny, I think the models look great if that's your thing, now I know I like a fulla figure of a man. When I was young my mates used to laugh at me, but that's just my thing.
Posted By: Martin1943 Re: Are Models too thin ? - 23rd Sep 2015 7:54am
Some variation is acceptable, what is wrong is the pressure by fashion houses to pressure girls to be "to the bone". The clothes they then produce fit these girls and the girls in the street are then pressured themselves to be able to fit the skinny clothes on offer.
Girls are great, but not, in my opinion, when they look as if they are anorexic.
I know someone who has a real eating problem and to see her descent towards death is in no way attractive.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Are Models too thin ? - 23rd Sep 2015 8:21am
A is for anorexic
B is for boney
C is for curvy
D is for delicious. Just like you honey.
Posted By: cools Re: Are Models too thin ? - 23rd Sep 2015 8:29am
I think most men if being honest like the curvy figure of Marilyn M or Sophia Loren. They had the hour glass figure most us women envy. When you think of the old Hollywood stars they were really georgous, don't think today's stars are a patch on them. The Rita Hayworths, Viviene Leigh's, Liz Taylor..
Posted By: Slinky Re: Are Models too thin ? - 23rd Sep 2015 8:40am
Originally Posted by Tatey
"A" please. Pretty please. She looks fine & healthy to me.

Agreed.

Posted By: the_pope Re: Are Models too thin ? - 23rd Sep 2015 11:48am
D all day long, what's wrong with carrying a little timber skinny girls are not nice at all, IE posh spice nono cheryl fernandez versini not good,
Posted By: Dilly Re: Are Models too thin ? - 23rd Sep 2015 12:04pm
What would you prefer.

A hard bench or a nice soft sofa ?
I know what I prefer to lay on smile
Posted By: venice Re: Are Models too thin ? - 23rd Sep 2015 12:14pm
Id prefer to be a B myself, but for a male figure - I agree with lollipop- a fuller figure is nicer (not muscle bound though, I hate that! )
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Are Models too thin ? - 23rd Sep 2015 12:42pm
No not muscle at all, just some one who likes there grub. I just had to clarify that.
Posted By: OxtonHill Re: Are Models too thin ? - 23rd Sep 2015 2:10pm
A) cost me less in food thumbsup
Posted By: venice Re: Are Models too thin ? - 23rd Sep 2015 2:20pm
Originally Posted by OxtonHill
A) cost me less in food thumbsup

--But more in heating bills !They say very lightweight people feel the cold more !
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Are Models too thin ? - 23rd Sep 2015 8:37pm
I like thin,I like them curvy,as long as they are comfortable in it,that's what counts.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Are Models too thin ? - 23rd Sep 2015 8:55pm
Prefer for what? D for me. Looks like your in with a chance granny with all the ds
Posted By: granny Re: Are Models too thin ? - 24th Sep 2015 8:18am
Awww Fish, you're so sweet !

Posted By: Greenwood Re: Are Models too thin ? - 24th Sep 2015 8:58am
There will always be a certain number of girls who are naturally very tall, naturally very thin, and healthy with it. Agency scouts look out for them. 'A' probably falls into that category, though she has bony elbows. She must be about 6'6"! The problem with modelling is that it accentuates those tendencies until you end up with wannabee beanpoles with hardly a picking on them, depriving themselves of a healthy lifestyle and parading round looking half-starved wearing clothes in which ordinary people can't imagine themselves being comfortable. I can't imagine why people put themselves in that position. The money is good for the favoured few, but their lives are not their own. Seems the only place you see 'real' people modelling clothes is in the catalogues, which I doubt youngsters read. The images thrown at most young impressionable girls are the really scrawny ones. Glamorous? Not. Remember the'heroin chic' craze a while ago? Ye Gods,hardly role models for young girls - or boys, let's not forget the boys - were they? I think the pendulum of public taste needs to swing back towards models who are a little more healthily well-covered and don't whimper at the sight of a digestive biscuit.
Posted By: starakita Re: Are Models too thin ? - 24th Sep 2015 9:54am
I like the fact they use plus size models as not all women are stick thin.Most women of an average size would not fit in Victoria Beckhams clothes unless they are stick thin.
Posted By: tonyh Re: Are Models too thin ? - 24th Sep 2015 7:31pm
Most of them nowadays could do with a few good bowls of scouse.
Posted By: venice Re: Are Models too thin ? - 24th Sep 2015 11:39pm
Well as was said, we ladies come in all sizes and I think models should reflect that on the catwalks.ie have some small medium and large models.
Posted By: venice Re: Are Models too thin ? - 25th Sep 2015 2:06pm
Wiki ladies - this is one for you and relevant to this thread, we will nearly all identify with it I promise ----please see the joke section for your WARNING
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Are Models too thin ? - 26th Sep 2015 1:32pm
Woman shaped used to be my thing. Out of the game now of course. The ribby ones? Wouldn't know whether to smack them on the BBQ or waltz them upstairs.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Are Models too thin ? - 26th Sep 2015 5:47pm
Bandy!!!! You wouldn't know what too do. Lol

I think you just might..
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Are Models too thin ? - 29th Sep 2015 9:40am
Yeah, my memory hasn't got that bad yet.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral