Forums
Posted By: cools Climate change - 16th Sep 2015 11:02am
Have been listening to reports of how worrying the climate change and extreme weather is in the world today. Got me thinking maybe Mother Nature will step in and have the last say on this mess of a planet with all the strife and fighting etc. will we survive , who knows?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Climate change - 16th Sep 2015 4:15pm
Mother nature varies the weather an infinite amount more than humans will ever achieve, what will be will be
Posted By: granny Re: Climate change - 16th Sep 2015 4:50pm
Cloud dispersal was being developed in or around the 1980's

How far that has developed could be an interesting factor in how weather patterns are changing. If at all, then science may yet again have tried to overcome the natural elements and then it must be asked...for whose benefit ?

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Climate change - 16th Sep 2015 5:04pm
Cloud dispersal is a bit of a misleading name, its the same thing as cloud seeding which basically forces the cloud to start raining. Rather than dispersing it what it really does is make it rain early.

Similarly we can induce an earthquake early when a fault is under high stress, or more common examples are avalanche control or lightening protection. Yes, humans can have a small amount of influence buts its chicken feed compared to the energy of the main event.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Climate change - 16th Sep 2015 8:17pm
I think Father Nature will overrule Mother Nature
Posted By: granny Re: Climate change - 17th Sep 2015 8:23am
Chile has experienced a massive earthquake 8.3 magnitude deep in the sea. There has been a warning of a possibly wide spread Tsunami, but it's a wait and see situation. News channels always like to sex things up.

How many tsunamis have there been in recent years. Do we just not get to know about them normally, or is it something which is far more destructive now. I had never heard of them until 2004.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-34275783

@ Fish.. have to agree, it's all in print.
Posted By: davew3 Re: Climate change - 17th Sep 2015 8:26am
To me global warming /climate change is just another tax grabbing exercise to strip money from the gullible, it's all about different universities getting monies to do different reviews, the more scares the more the money flows in to investigate the scare, we have weather and we have live volcanoes spewing out vast amounts of CO2, levels that man will never be able to reach, we live we die and mother nature will call time on humans when she's ready, paying Danegeld to mother nature to stop it happening has never worked, life is short get on with it.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Climate change - 17th Sep 2015 12:46pm
withthat

Absolutely agree.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral