Forums
Posted By: venice Poor choices - 27th Jul 2015 10:20pm
www.theguardian.com/society/2014/sep/21/linda-tirado-poverty-hand-to-mouth-extract

I found this extremely interesting . Angles I hadnt thought of before ,regarding poverty.

Posted By: fillbo Re: Poor choices - 28th Jul 2015 12:20pm
And there's me thinking our Government thought it all up by themselves------But we've got our NHS haven't we ??
Posted By: granny Re: Poor choices - 28th Jul 2015 2:59pm
Yes, whatever America do...we seem to follow. Why does the world think they have it right.
Must say, she seems to have a real gripe against anyone who has more than her, but she would be happy to be on the same platform as they are.
Also the way she reels it all off, I would suggest she's been writing in a fit of fury. She doesn't really mention depression, which as an illness due to various problems brought on by many personal situations ...and that it contributes to lack of being able to manage ones life. She obviously has work and so does her husband and from what she says that their joint income is, life must be a fair bit cheaper over in the USA than here for example..so we can't make a comparison other than with regard to how employment and unemployment is managed and the principles in place to 'falsify' unemployment figures.

As a contrast....this is poverty, and whether this girl who has gone out to Ghana had financial backing or not, she has made her life better in many ways. Some people's spirit, just won't be beaten. That is encouraging and an example to us all.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-ouch-33523742
© Wirral-Wikiwirral